The facilities Technician will be responsible for the general maintenance and repair of buildings, facilities, equipment, and grounds
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree in Facilities Management or related degree preferred
Experience (years and topics):
- 1-3 year experience in a manufacturing facilities environment
- Multi-site facilities experience a plus
- Must possess ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and written, to varying audiences and skill levels
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) a plus
Strength: Must be able to regularly lift 55 lbs.
Movement: Must be able to stand / walk for an entire eight hour shift. Occasional bending, crouching, and crawling
Hearing: Must be able to hear and understand work direction in a loud, distracting environment
Vision: Must be able to judge distance, identify details, and view computer screen regularly
Travel: up to 50 mile radius on a semi-regular basis
Tools (own): May need own tools
Technology (own): Smart phone helpful
An individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty listed below. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
All duties as assigned and the following specific activities. (enlarge space as needed)
- Repairs and treats structures such as floors, showers, sinks, wall, roofs, and carpets
- Performs minor troubleshooting, repairs, and adjustments of locks on doors cabinets, desks, closets, repairs door hinges, changes filters on heating, glass repair or ventilating and air conditioning
- Performs grounds maintenance as needed
- Services appliances, kitchen, hooks up appliances and checks emergency equipment.
- Reports mechanical malfunctions to the appropriate party for action.
- Moves and assists in moving furniture and equipment at various facilities/sites.
- Sets up and breaks down cubicle partitions. Assists in obtaining quotes and arranging for services of outside vendors as needed.
- Accurately updates work logs for specific site requirements keeps time
- Maintains monthly check sheets for life safety items.
- Activates and deactivates building alarms and responds to calls during and after regular work hours.
- Maintains clean, safe, and orderly work sites.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
On-going outcome that is measurable (minimum of 3)
- Follow oral and/or written instructions; communicate effectively in both oral and written form; maintain work logs;
- Maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work assignments.
- Updates all documents and logs in an accurate and timely manner
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law