The Server Assistant is responsible for working with the server to assure prompt greeting of the table, providing water and menus upon their arrival, and provide refills as needed. The Server Assistant together with the service staff is responsible for bringing any additional items the guests need to complete their meal. Essential Functions:
- Promptly removes used tableware between courses, clears and resets tables, chairs and booths between seating.
- Assists server with pre-bussing tables, including boxing to go food as needed for guests
- Checks each plate of food to be correct as ordered by the guest
- Makes sure all condiments are accompanying each order
- Assures that every item on the order is ready and on the tray together
- Works diligently to avoid breakage and loss
- Notifies server of guest needs
- Completes all opening, on-going and closing side work and manager on duty as signed off on work
- Stocks/restocks appropriate linens for service
- Stocks/restocks work stations with appropriate plates and saucers, etc
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Provides general information for guests
- Flexibility. This is a demanding business and we look for flexibility with work days and hours- including holidays and weekends, but it's also a lot of fun!
- Experience. Previous experience passionately providing service to others. Excellent phone skills needed.
- People Person. The best part of serving others is creating experiences for them that go beyond the expected.
- Great communicator. Providing amazing experiences requires the ability to communicate to any guest, client or associate.
- Must be TABC and Food Handler Certified
A qualified applicant is a "people person" who is flexible with their schedule, loves to serve others, and knows how to multi-task while ensuring accuracy. Property Introduction:
Revive your spirit and find your balance at The Westin at The Woodlands. Situated in the heart of The Woodlands, TX, our stunning, contemporary hotel overlooks Waterway Square and sits just steps from the upscale shopping, fine dining and world-class entertainment of The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion. Keep your workout on track in our WestinWORKOUT(R) Fitness Studio or enjoy a refreshing dip in our shimmering outdoor infinity pool. Weddings and corporate meetings find their home in more than 28,000 square feet of versatile meeting and event space. Coupled with thoughtful planning services and innovative catering menus, our Houston hotel helps you craft dynamic events in The Woodlands, TX. Our hotel guest rooms feature the latest technology, modern amenities and personalized touches like the Westin Heavenly(R) Bed and the spa-like Heavenly(R) Bath. Indulge yourself with an in-room massage from Zeel Spa(R). Here at Westin we position guests for relaxation and productivity during your stay in Houston. Company Introduction:
Our team members are the true soul of our company. We think differently. About travel, but also about the ways in which we deliver on our promise to engage, delight, awaken and challenge our team members as well as our guests. We are deeply committed to the foundation of core values that molds our interactions with everyone we encounter - our guests, our clients, our team and our communities. We create engaging, impactful environments that connect people and place, awaken the spirit, and allow team members with talent, integrity and heart to thrive. We believe our team members are the true soul of our company. We invite you to join us on this journey. Area of Interest:
Food & Beverage Job Type:
Part Time Type of Position:
Hourly Position Req ID: