Grow With Us!
Hudson is North America's leading travel retailer. For over 30 years, Hudson has met the needs and wants of travelers in more than 1,000 duty-free, duty-paid, and food & beverage stores. We couldn't serve our customers, landlords, and partners in airports, commuter terminals, hotels, and casinos without the continued support of our greatest assets: our team members. We're dedicated to hiring and training exceptional team members, who are committed to serving the customer as the Traveler's Best Friend. We strive to ensure we're fulfilling our team members' career potentials through training, skills-development, and career pathways - as our team members grow and succeed both personally and professionally, so does Hudson.
This Bookstore Manager position is for you, if you would Enjoy:
• Assisting the General Manager in maximizing sales and the daily operation of a multiple stores at the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. Promoting a brand image of excellence through a strong work ethic, leadership by example, and consistent delivery of excellent customer service.
Your Team is counting on you as a Bookstore Manager to:
• Provide flexibility to work long/ irregular hours any day of the week, weekends, and holidays
• Travel up to 25%
• Oversee 6 employees
• Oversee 17 stores such as Shellis, Simply Books, News Express, Wall Street Journal, and Global News, Southern Living
Bookstore Manager Key Accountabilities:
• Provide leadership, effective management and training for staff
• Ensure communications from home office and the General Manager is delivered to all staff levels
• Implement and enforce controls that protect the company's assets from internal and external shrink
• Ensure over-all floor coaching and supervision is delivered consistently to ensure excellent customer service
• Perform daily and weekly operational audits
• Ensure adherence to all promotional programs and reports deficiencies in compliance to the General Manager
• Demonstrate excellent product knowledge and visual merchandising skills
• Perform daily inspections in each store to ensure company standards in visual presentation, stock replenishment and housekeeping are maintained
• Ensure quality customer service standards are maintained; leads by example
• Manage store inventory, insuring stock is maintained at appropriate levels
• Order books and other bookstore merchandise via EDI transmission, phone, or fax
• Pull and process product returns (identify appropriate titles)
• Receive product into the inventory management system and ensure system accuracy
• Merchandise store to focus on key titles and maximize sales potential - execute basic tenets of store merchandising policy (including promotional compliance)
• Organize store displays and sections insuring proper placement of all titles in order to maximize sales while maintaining visual merchandising standards
• Ensure proper execution on promotional calendars and company best seller lists
• Supervise and train staff to insure that they can perform all tasks
• Manage staff to ensure all duties are performed, delegate tasks, and follow up to insure proper and timely completion
• Assist in assessment of staff performance, review performance on a regular basis
• Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures
• Able to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Must be able to carry out various assignments, initiatives and directives as instructed.
Bookstore Manager Required Qualifications:
• Strong leadership qualities and demonstrated organizational skills
• Excellent time-management skills and problem solving abilities
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to interact with diverse personalities
• Ability to multi-task
• Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
• Minimum of 2 years of bookstore leadership experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Associate's or Bachelor's degree
Some of our company-offered benefits for you and your family include:
• Health & Well Being: Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Various Personal and Parental Leave Programs
• Universal Life Insurance
• Retirement Programs & Matching Employee Contributions: 401K & RRSP
• 20% off Hudson Employee Discount & 50% off Hudson Employee Food & Beverage Discount
• Employee Recognition & Anniversary Programs
• Training, Development, and Growth Opportunities
• Tuition Assistance & Scholarship Programs
For additional information on our benefits, please visit: https://www.hudsongroup.com/careers/our-perks.
Hudson is an Equal Opportunity Employer of all qualified individuals. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, military leave or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. We are committed to creating an inclusive workplace in which we value diversity and unique experiences, backgrounds and identities.
All offers are contingent upon successful completion and passing of background checks and/or employment verification results.
Note to staffing agencies: Please do not contact Hudson (including the recruitment team or any hiring managers) regarding this position with candidates. If assistance is needed in filling any position for Hudson, a member of our recruiting team will reach out directly. #AF123