Shift Leaders consistently keep our brand promises, help inspire teams and deliver great results. They understand the importance of providing an engaging environment for restaurant teams and the guest. A Shift Leader helps the shift run smoothly by taking care of their restaurant teams and guests and delivering operational excellence.
Essential Responsibilities for Leading the Team
Develop Servant LeadersPuts your people and restaurant first – not yourself
- Coaches, trains and develops team members around processes and procedures at each station including LTOs
- Actively participates in team huddles offering great ideas
- Consistently thanks the team and celebrates success
Essential Responsibilities for Leading the Business
Create Memorable ExperiencesCreates a service experience so good the guest can’t wait to come back to Popeyes
- Serves as a role model and coaches Brand service behaviors
- Fixes bottlenecks, calls chicken drops and monitors Speed of Service
- Makes sure the restaurant is welcoming and clean
- Spends time with the guests in the dining room doing table touches throughout the shift
- Supports the team to resolve guest concerns quickly
- Ensures product quality and all standards are met on their shift
- Provides ideas to the Restaurant General Manager to improve guest metrics and feedback
- Leads each shift by delegating duties, assigning tasks, and following up with all team members
- Must be proficient in each area of the restaurant to assist when necessary
AdministrationMaintains the balance between providing a high quality employee and guest experience, and achieving financial goals
- Uses shift tools and routines to ensure Quality, Service and Cleanliness Standards (QSC) are met
- Ensures accuracy of inventory, waste tracking and HACCP Logs
- Reviews and approves invoices and inter-store transfers (ISTs)
- Checks people charts and production planning and makes necessary adjustments
- Follows through with action plans for Employee Engagement, Voice of the Guest and Operational Assessments during the shift
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent guest service skills required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests and team members
- Ability to resolve issues in compliance with Popeyes standards
- Must have a friendly and courteous demeanor
- Is a team player
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able to take direction and feedback professionally as wellas delegate responsibilities
- Able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays
Education and Experience
- Minimum Age: 16years old
- Previous Restaurant Experience: Preferred
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds of force frequently to move objects
- Ability to carry products/boxes and miscellaneous weighing no more than 50 pounds.
- Consistently handles product preparation.
- Ability to kneel to utilize proper lifting procedures and to open safe.
- Consistently lifts for product preparation, stocking and inventory.