Heavy Duty Production Worker
Location:Poplar Bluff, MO United StatesPosted:11/5/2020Job ID#:6955--> Job Category:Production - HourlyPosition Type:Pipeline-->
* O P E N I N T E R V I E W S *Every Tuesday, Wednesday, And Thursday 12:30 PM - 3:30 PM
1650 Rowe Parkway, Poplar Bluff, MO
At Gates, we welcome challenges, celebrate hard work, and continually seek new talent to join our global company. Our Poplar Bluff, MO plant is looking for Heavy Duty Production Workers. Are you ready for the challenge at Gates? PERKS AT WORK
- Great team culture that works together to get the job done
- Eligible for benefits in 30 days or less, including 401(k) with company match
- Paid Time Off - starting at a max of 21 days per year!
- Retention Bonus: $500 after 6 weeks of employment
- Quarterly Attendance Bonus :$1,000
- Employee Discounts - computers, vehicles, amusement park tickets, gym memberships, and more! ABOUT THE JOB
- In Poplar Bluff, we specialize in the production of curved hoses, created in all sizes and dimensions
- Our process starts with raw materials -heated, and shaped around a metal mandrel to meet specific orders. When finished, our hoses are marked with the Gates logo and shipped to customers around the world.
- A Vulcanizer will spend most of their workday verifying raw stock to cut schedule and mandrel loading, loading raw material on mandrels, removing cured product and placing into wash bins, identifying and sorting cured product prior to placing in proper product cages, examining materials to ensure conformance, track scrap, and post data into MES.
- Pay Rate:
- $20.00 to start with a top out of $22.00 after 6 months.
- Shifts available:
- 2nd Shift (3:00 PM - 11:00 PM; Monday - Friday)
- 3rd Shift (11:00 PM - 7:00 AM); (Sunday-Thursday) --> Details:--> ABOUT YOU
- Must be able to perform physical tasks, lifting up to 50 lbs, and working in close proximity to others
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, plus overtime, with reliable and consistent attendance
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards
- Must be able to work in high heat and humidity, and may be exposed to high noise and solvent
- Basic reading, math, computer, and measurement skills required
- Must have good communication skills, with the ability to carry out written and verbal instruction
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without sponsorship WORK ENVIRONMENT The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. Temperatures may vary in accordance with weather conditions and may be extreme. Gates is managed in compliance with OSHA guidelines and requires all employees to wear steel-toed shoes and safety glasses.
ABOUT GATES Gates is a leading manufacturer of application-specific fluid power and power transmission solutions. We push the boundaries of material science to engineer solutions that continually exceed customer expectations.
Let"s simplify it, think belts and hoses. Found in motorcycles, conveyor belts, cars, tractors, blenders, vacuum cleaners, bicycles, & 3D printers just to name a few. Because why not do it all? Gates is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of race, sex, color, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any other consideration defined by law.