Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
We are actively seeking a Senior Process Engineer who is highly motivated to join our team in Bellingham, WA. The successful candidate must have extensive experience in executing projects for the Oil Refining, Gas Transmission or Petrochemical industries with the highest level of quality, cost effectiveness, and a focus on safety. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work with other engineering disciplines, sometimes across multiple offices.
- Develop the heat and material balance for new projects (using process simulation tools such as Aspentech HYSYS)
- Create process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Perform equipment sizing calculations and prepare equipment data sheets
- Support specification of process instrumentation
- Perform facility and systems overpressure protection studies (PSV sizing and documentation)
- Perform detailed hydraulic calculations to determine pipe sizes, required pump duties, control valve sizing, etc.
- Provide technical guidance and information to mechanical, electrical, instrumentation, civil, and project engineering disciplines
- Interact with clients in project meetings and site visits
- Develop (or support development of) plant commissioning, startup, and operating procedures
- Support Cause & Effect document development
- Develop Process Control Narrative document
- Assist with facility commissioning and startup activities
- Work as part of a multi-office, multi-disciplinary team in a lead technical role (non-supervisory)
- Act as a mentor to less-experienced engineers (non-supervisory)
- Have 10+ years of process/design work experience in the Oil & Gas industry
- Client development, consulting and experience in the preparation of proposals for engineering services are highly desirable.
- Natural Gas Distribution or Downstream Refining project experience is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal leadership skills are critical due to the requirement for effective communication of complex issues across multiple offices and teams.
- This position must communicate effectively with Clients, Vendors, Contractors and other Design Group employees at all levels of responsibility. Excellent communication and presentation skills as well as a professional demeanor are essential.
- Willing and able to travel as necessary for project requirements to include but not be limited to: project installation and start-up activities, client meetings, company sponsored meetings, training, industry related seminars, forums, or conventions, etc.
- Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in Chemical Engineering from an ABET accredited university is required
Licenses and Certifications
- Certification for facilitating HAZOP and/or LOPA assessments is preferred
- Must currently hold or be willing and eligible to obtain a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- PE license desired
- We are looking for candidates local to the area. For highly qualified applicants outside of the local area some relocation assistance may be available.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.