At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Warehoue Presort Lead for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
We actively look for prospects who:
• Are passionate about client success.
• Enjoy collaborating with others.
• Strive to exceed expectations.
• Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
If you would like to be considered for this position in Houston, TX, please apply!
1st Shift: Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m., $15/hour
An approachable person who will oversee production workers on designated lines and assures accurate and timely processing of mail runs. You are a performance driver, which can help the company meet their mailing productivity standards.
- Oversee the production workers on designated lines and assures accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC equipment and ensure MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Under direction from the Operations Manager, assure the accurate and timely processing of the mail run on the MLOC equipment.
- Follow-up to assure processing proceeds at the pace needed to meet postal deadlines.
- Oversee the quality function in assigned area. Assure MPTQM processes and procedures are followed at all times.
- Set up windows on the various machines using ECA & Winsort software. Verify quality of sorted mail using MPTQM procedures.
- Assist the Supervisor with responsibilities that may include interviewing, hiring, training, appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and solving problems. Carry out these supervisory responsibilities in accordance with company policies and applicable laws.
- Review time clock hours of production workers to assure accuracy. Interpret company policies to production staff as needed and upholds safety regulations and practices.
- Promote a clean work area to prevent possible injuries and/or tripping hazards to self and others.
- Perform all additional duties as required.
As a Warehouse Presort Lead, you have:
- Knowledge of the pre-sort mailing business is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization and customer service skills.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without accommodations.
- The ability to walk, stand, stoop, and bend 80% of the time with or without accommodation.
- A basic enough understanding of English to be able to understand and follow safety and other operational directions communicated in English, irrespective of their native language.
- The ability to work overtime which may include weekends, holidays and or a different shift with little or no advance notice.
- Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
- Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
- Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
- Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com
Our Presort Services team is a national outsource provider of mail presort services for first-class and standard-class mail in the U.S. and a workshare partner of the United States Postal Service (USPS). Our Presort Services network provides mailers with end-to-end solutions from pick up at their location to delivery into the postal system. Through our network of 33+ U.S. locations, and with our fully customized proprietary technology, we process approximately 15 billion pieces of mail annually and are able to expedite delivery and optimize postage savings for our clients.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.
Women/Men/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBTQ are encouraged to apply.
All interested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.
COVID-19 Safety Update: We have put in place safety practices to help keep you safe and healthy. Learn More