About our organization:
All employees of the Company treat our clients and coworkers with dignity and respect. We work together as a team and provide a great service to our client and one another. We are compassionate and have the highest level of integrity. We take 100% responsibility for our jobs and give zero excuses. We are innovators and strive for excellence. It is your responsibility to make and keep Granite Recovery Centers great.
Drug and alcohol counselors provide addiction prevention services and treatment. Their duties include but are not limited to screening. intake, orientation, assessment, treatment planning, individual and group counseling, case management, crisis intervention, client education, referrals, reports, recordkeeping, and a consultation with other professionals regarding client treatment and services. Drug and alcohol counselors assist clients with developing treatment plans and provide support and feedback that ensures clients to abstain from substances and live happy and productive lives free of their addiction.
- Master’s Degree in mental health counseling or related field
- 2-4 years direct experience in the field of mental health or addictions preferred
- Thorough knowledge of causes and treatments for addiction and are trained to make decisions based on ethical and professional standards
- Maintains individual professional license in good standing an secures outside supervision that is consistent with licensing guidelines for full duration of employment
- Versatility, flexibility, and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Provides daily communication/collaboration with treatment team of residents on personal caseload
- Provides individual psychotherapy sessions program participant on personal caseload
- Maintains all ethical standards consistent with his/her own professional licensing board in addition to standards of the company
- Adheres to all HIPAA guideline
- Participates in continuing education to continually improve skills and abilities and stay abreast of current technologies/practices
- Provides group psychotherapy sessions as scheduled
- Able to work collaboratively with multiple health and criminal justice professionals using tact, diplomacy, and discipline
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Complete documentation of individual, group progress notes within 24 hours of service
- Complete individual treatment plans within regulatory timeframe
- Complete ongoing reviews of treatment plan with resident weekly
- Complete documentation of discharge notes of all residents with 24 hours of discharge
- Reports any complaints or violations of licensing guidelines to clinical supervisor within 24 hours of being notified of violation
- Meetings: Attends daily morning staffing meeting
- Demonstrates and fosters the company’s Mission, Vision and Values
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be required to perform other duties as assigned and where practical to meet the needs of the organization.