BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we're a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that's committed to developing great talent.
If you're a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ's offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.DELI CLERK$500 Sign-on Bonus
Slices, packages, weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats and cheeses. Prepares, packages and maintains prepared foods products and cases. Maintains the presentation and cleanliness of the deli, including deli display cases. Provides assistance to Members in the deli department.Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes special orders.
- Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages prepared food items, special orders and party trays.
- Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate, and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
- Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
- Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when necessary.
- Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
- Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
- Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items are weighed and priced accurately.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Work experience in a deli department preferred.
- Prior experience operating manual/power slicers and scales preferred.
- Knowledge of deli products preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
This information indicates the general nature and level of work performed by Team Members in this role. It is not designed to contain a complete inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of Team Members assigned to this role. This description supersedes any previous or undated descriptions for this role. Management retains the right to add or change the duties of the position at any time.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. Nearest Major Market:
Manchester Nearest Secondary Market: