Why Work for Saddle Creek?
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years, our associates built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we've experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment.
Growing our family since 1966. Will you join us? Overview
Saddle Creek is in the logistics business. Over the past 50 years our associates have built Saddle Creek into what it is today by treating each other with respect and working together to succeed. Our people make a difference every day to our clients, to our business, and to each other. The growth and success we have experienced requires smart, dedicated people working in a supportive environment. Position Description
The Quality Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of associates to ensure and maintain high quality standards throughout the facility. Supervisors will achieve a variety of goals including process accuracy against established SOPs, problem resolution, product handling, process auditing, equipment calibration and support of all established customer KPIs.
Required Education and Experience
- Communicates quality standards, audit results, quality scores and all handling alerts to QA team, and local operations.
- Coordinates quality-based process audits
- Coordinates local product handling refresher training.
- Identifies and analyzes issues, bugs, defects, and other problems, and works with the network quality manager and customer to implement solutions to these issues.
- Reviews damage numbers with the customer
- Coordinates store visits along with local operations
- Audit processes to ensure quality standards are being met and detect the root causes of problems
- Maintain and update work instructions and processes across departments
- Effectively communicates with other departments in the organization and with our customer as needed.
- Promotes constant and measurable improvement; teaches and enforces SCLS' Quality Policy at all times
- Effectively communicate SCLS goals, customer expectations, areas for improvement and successes to associates
- Develop weekly quality touchpoints in conjunction with the quality network manager to share with local operations
- Ensures that the facility onboarding program is robust and develops creative ways to engage associates during training sessions.
- Ensures that monthly clamp calibration is completed timely and works to resolve any issues
- Provide a timely response for problem resolution and ensure all relevant Saddle Creek departments are appropriate involved and or kept up to date.
- Create and maintain daily, weekly, and monthly quality reports that will be shared with multiple layers of management.
- Hires and trains quality assurance staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred or 3 years of supervisory experience a plus.
- All supervisory experience ideally performed in a warehouse or distribution environment.
- 3-5 years of experience in ISO or another quality program desirable
- Has a strong working knowledge of customer needs
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet, web-based and job specific software applications
- Demonstrated leadership skills to influence department and implement and manage change
- Ability to develop and use collaborative relationships to accomplish work goals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts
- Identify and understand issues, problems, and opportunities; possess solid judgment, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to function in a high-stress environment while focusing on the completion of operational goals
- Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects and set priorities
- Ability to build a cohesive team
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
Our Organization has a business casual environment and focuses on teamwork, associate development, training, and continuous improvement. We offer competitive wages, excellent affordable insurance benefits (including health, dental, vision and life), 401K plan, paid vacation and holidays.