Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Mederi Caretenders, A Part Of LHC Group
City: Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Deliver Exceptional At-Home Care, Like Only YOU Can.
We’re a people-first company – and that includes our employees. Join us in improving the quality of care for our patients. It’s all about helping people.
LHC Group recently received Best Company Culture and Best Company for Women in the communities we serve. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services across the country, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home.
In your role as registered nurse, you can expect:
- One-on-one patient focus
- Professional Growth
- Recognition and Excellence Rewards
Receive competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Health Benefits
- Matching 401(k)
- Paid Time Off + Holidays
- Online Continuing Education
- Employee Assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- And much, much more!
Here is your opportunity to channel the full extent of your knowledge, skills, ambition and experience on a daily basis. Inspire our patients to progress each day as you:
- Develop and follow a designated care plan in accordance with the patient’s needs
- Train and educate family members and caregivers
- Administration of medication, wound care, treatments and assessments
- Communicate with other members of the patients’ multidisciplinary team
- Monitor patients conditions; reporting changes
- Follow up with, execute and document patient doctors’ orders
- Document observations, interventions and evaluations utilizing a touch pad tablet
Recruiters Are Ready to Help You Start a New and Rewarding Career With LHC Group. Apply Today To Begin Yours! Essential Functions
Education & Experience
- Provides clinical services within the scope of practice, as defined by the state laws governing the practice of nursing, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team.
- Makes the initial and|or comprehensive nursing evaluation visit, determines primary focus of care, develops the plan of care within State specific guidelines, and submits accurate, complete, and timely documentation, per policy.
- Regularly evaluates and re-evaluates (as warranted by changes in condition but at least every 60 days) the patient's nursing needs.
- Performs patient comprehensive assessments at designated time points and develops the appropriate POC, in collaboration with physician orders.
- Ensures patients meet home health eligibility and medical necessity guidelines as defined by payer source.
- Initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the plan of care in collaboration with the physician and other health care professional's involved in care.
- Makes referrals to other disciplines, as indicated by patient's assessed need.
- Responds to outcome coordinator|coder and Patient Care Manager requests for clarification to OASIS assessments on the same day that the request for more information is sent.
- Current RN licensure in state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current Drivers License, vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Additional State Requirements
- CA - One year prior professional nursing experience.
- LA - At a minimum, one year of clinical experience. RN licensure must have no restrictions.
- AL, AR, AZ, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MD, MS, MI, MO, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV â€“ No other state specific requirements.
Equal Opportunity Employer – vets, disability.