If you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Adventist HealthCare seeks to hire a Specialist, Leadership & Organizational Development will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
As a Specialist, Leadership & Organizational Development, you will:
• Be responsible for providing learning, leadership. coaching and organizational development experiences to accelerate performance, elevate productivity, employee engagement and retention of key talent in the organization.
• Serve as an internal consultant providing a range of services to build individual, team and organizational capabilities and performance.
• Provide system-wide and entity-specific consultation consistent with organizational objectives and strategic initiatives.
• Develop curriculum, and design and implement programs tailored to meet leadership and OD needs and program goals including new and existing programs using adult learning theory
• Provide expert facilitation using appropriate OD methods and tools. Facilitates formal and informal learning through a variety of methods, classroom, webinars, virtual and blended approaches and develops measures of success associated with learning and development for clinical and non-clinical staff.
• Gather, analyze and synthesize data on client needs, provide feedback, craft interventions and strategies to meet needs, and collaborate with leaders in the selection and implementation of chosen interventions.
• Bachelor's Degree in Education, Human Resources, Organizational Development, Instructional Design, Learning & Development, or other related discipline. Master's Degree Preferred
• 5-10 years of experience in Human Resources, Workforce Development or other related field. Experience should
• include organizational/adult learning, management, training needs assessment, and/or related activities.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
• Ability to multi-task and to prioritize and manage own time to meet deadlines and deliverables required.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with team members, leaders and associates at all levels.
• Ability to work as part of a highly collaborative team required.
• Ability to design curriculum, implement and execute plans, programs and initiatives across a complex organization using a variety of methodologies required.
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
• Work life balance through non rotating shifts
• Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
• Free Employee parking
• Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
• 100% Coverage for inpatient care – at Adventist HealthCare facilities
• 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide – after copay
Join the Adventist Healthcare team today! Apply now to be considered.
Full time days; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm.
Adventist HealthCare requires all applicants to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 before commencing employment.Applicants may be required to furnish proof of vaccination and, if offered, may elect to be vaccinated at an designated Adventist HealthCare location.
Tobacco and Drug Statement
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to attracting, engaging, and developing the best people to cultivate our mission-centric culture. Our goal is to have a welcoming, equitable, and safe place to work and grow for all employees, no matter their background. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Adventist HealthCare will make reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Adventist HealthCare is a religious organization as defined under applicable law; however, it will endeavor to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants' religious beliefs.
Applicants who wish to request accommodations for disabilities or religious belief should contact the Support Center HR Office.