- Must be at least 18 years of age with two years of driving experience and a clean motor vehicle driving record. Must also have a valid, non-suspended Driver’s License and the appropriate level of vehicle insurance as required by the applicant’s insurance carrier.
- Must possess a reliable four-wheel delivery vehicle that complies with all national, state, and local requirements for driving on public roads.
- Must have a keen sense of direction with the ability to read a map and to safely navigate through the restaurant’s delivery area.
- Must have the skills necessary to drive in a variety of environmental conditions including unfiltered sunlight, rain, snow, wind, fog, inclement weather, and darkness.
- Must be able to work outside of direct and immediate supervision.
- Must be able to speak and understand conversational English, read menus and computer screens in English, and be able to audibly communicate in English to both team members and customers.
- Must possess basic math and cash management skills, be able to tell time, and be able to calculate simple conversions.
- Must possess strong customer service skills and an upbeat, positive attitude and be able to work with a diverse set of team members in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be willing to be trained on and to execute restaurant operations as needed in order to assist in production between delivery responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Read receipts and compile all needed materials to deliver a complete and accurate order.
- Deliver products safely, professionally, and in accordance with all driving laws and in respect to all safe driving standards as maintained and directed by the restaurant’s management team.
- Perform appropriate cash management functions as needed for transacting business with customers. Utilize in-restaurant lockboxes to secure excess money during shifts.
- Deliver high-quality, personalized customer service with a smile and a positive attitude.
Other Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Be flexible and able to assist in other restaurant positions when needed or when directed to by the restaurant’s management team.
- Perform cleaning and other tasks in-between deliveries and at the conclusion of shifts.
- Assist in preparing and storing restaurant ingredients for use on the production line.
- Maintain prompt and reliable attendance in accordance with the employment handbook.
General Physical Demands for the Position:
Delivery drivers will regularly sit for long periods of time in static positions, stand, bend, stoop, turn, lift, talk, walk, reach, carry, and lift up to fifty (50) pounds. Delivery drivers will repetitively use their feet, twist their head and necks, and rotate their wrists. Delivery drivers will need great depth perception.