About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor& Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include participation of 401k. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Outpatient Staff RN provides direct nursing care in the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding. This is in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patients family and other members of the health care team, the clinical Outpatient Staff RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans. The Outpatient Staff RN will assess the patient prior to surgery, verify doctor orders are implemented as applicable, verify informed consent is complete, and complete the documentation. The Outpatient Staff RN will provide professional nursing care to patient utilizing the nursing process. The Outpatient Staff RN is responsible forPre and Post procedure patient and family education.
- The Outpatient Staff RN demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process for the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN monitors and recognizes changes in the patients behavioral and physiological status; takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- The Outpatient Staff RN utilizes professional skills and judgment in delivering and /or delegating care for a group of patients.
- The Outpatient Staff RN assesses patients of all ages in the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O.R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN prepares patients pre-operatively for procedures per protocol.
- The Outpatient Staff RN anticipates and recognizes potential complications and acts appropriately.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to complete and properly document all required Pre-procedure process for each patient presenting to the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O. R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to assess patient safety risks and to maintain patient safety during the Perioperative process in each area of the Perioperative Service setting, which includes Pre-Assessment, Day of Surgery and O. R. Holding.
- The Outpatient Staff RN able to provide Pre- and Post-procedure instructions to patient and family.
- The Outpatient Staff RN meets Job Specific Competencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Licensure that allows the practice of professional nursing in the State of Texas.
- ACLS (6 months from hire date for GNs)
- 1-2 years prior nursing experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to move in excess of 100 pounds with assistance from other staff.
- Ability to work within a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Critical thinking skills and ability to prioritize needs continuously.
- Basic computer skills needed.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Specialty certification/Training as appropriate
- Able to recognize and treat dysrhythmias.
- Prefer One-year prior Perioperative setting nurse experience.