Location: Fond du Lac, WI
Production Manager, Elkay Interior Systems
Imagine working for a company that inspired this kind of employee feedback.
- I'm proud to work for Elkay.
- The company invests in my success.
- I do work that makes a difference.
- I love my co-workers.
- I feel like part of a family.
When you come to work for Elkay, that is exactly what you will experience.
Elkay is a thriving, values-driven company focused on doing the right things so we can be in business forever. We're financially-stable and family-owned, with an enduring reputation for ethics, integrity, giving back, and providing an engaging, inclusive environment where careers flourish and grow.
At Elkay, we never forget that our strength lies in our people. Our employees are the driving force behind Elkay's superior quality, product ingenuity, and exceptional customer experience. Our commitment to our people and their professional development is a recipe for success that has fueled our growth from a three-person shop in 1920 to one of today's leading international suppliers of plumbing, water delivery, and branded commercial interiors.
If you're ready to join a company where everything you do makes a difference and you go home proud at the end of each day, talk to us about joining the Elkay family!
Elkay Interior Systems (EIS) is a global interior design and manufacturing company, offering an array of design, build, and installation services to the restaurant, retail, education, and hospitality markets. EIS simplifies the complicated. By leveraging insights gained from working with global brands, we cultivate environments that are dynamic and profitable, designing experiences customers will remember. We are thinkers, designers, and builders, crafting extraordinary environments.
The Plant Manager for our 100 person, nonunion facility that assembles furniture concepts and solutions for our quick serve restaurant and retail clientele, will oversee the daily operation of multiple production shifts (1st and 2nd shift) with responsibility for interacting with Demand Management, Tactical Purchasing, Materials, Lean/Continuous Improvement, Quality, EHS, Facilities Management, Logistics and other departments to achieve maximum product quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner. The Production Manager role has 6 direct reports - 4 Production Supervisors, 1 Maintenance Manager, and Production Planning. Is responsible for all facets of production planning and supervision including workforce flexibility, staffing, employee onboarding and training/development. Lead all aspects of manufacturing/assembly and facilities by establishing goals and objectives for the business and manage the assets assigned (people and equipment). WILL PROVIDE RELOCATION TO THE FOND DU LAC, WISCONSIN AREA!
Success in this role is defined by ensuring all safety and health standards are met, daily order execution, workforce flexibility, employee onboarding, training/development, productivity/efficiency, and process adherence in production. This will be measured by ongoing improvements in driving quality, safety, productivity/efficiency and on time delivery.
Specific impacts you will have include:
- Manage the daily operation of multiple production shifts with responsibility for interacting with Demand Management, Tactical Purchasing, Materials, Lean/Continuous Improvement, Quality, EHS, Facilities Management & Maintenance, Logistics and other departments to achieve maximum product quality and cost effectiveness in an on-time and efficient manner.
- Lead all facets of production planning and supervision including workforce flexibility, staffing, employee onboarding and training/development, to include cross-training.
- Lead all aspects of the manufacturing and facilities by establishing goals and objectives for the business and manages the assets assigned (people and equipment).
- Ensure that key responsibilities are optimized, such as, daily order execution, productivity/efficiency, process adherence and driving corrective actions.
- Work closely with new product development and product lifecycle management to ensure we meet customer scope and optimize product cost.
- Work closely with Demand Management, Tactical Purchasing and Materials Management and their teams to ensure we are servicing our customers within predetermined lead-time expectations.
- Develop and challenge resources to improve performance through systems utilization and process improvements.
- Coach and mentor his/her production team to improve engagement with technical and commercial stakeholders and to establish communication channels between the cross functional teams.
- Ensure a safe workplace is provided for all employees. Implement and execute frequent department safety inspections and assures the accurate completion of all accident reports.
- Interview, hire, and monitor the performance of employees for assigned areas; review and evaluate their needs and potential; develop appropriate cross-training programs.
- Review the daily and weekly shipping schedules and production capabilities to determine how to employ people, equipment and tooling to execute, sequence and expedite daily orders.
- Take ownership for department budgets including cost analysis and opportunities and product line margin.
- Provide and facilitate communication/interactions amongst team members, between teams and other areas. Resolve differences and/or conflict situations effectively.
- Has a solid understanding of the broad business. Evaluate situations objectively and demonstrate the ability to make decisions that are intended to have a positive impact on work performance or area and the total business.
- Demonstrate personal flexibility in approach and ideas and respond positively and support changes in procedures, process, technology, responsibility and assignments.
- Organize and prioritize work assignment to complete assignments/tasks on time, with quality, and has the ability to anticipate problem areas in advance. Apply creative problem approaches and ideas to solve problems for area of responsibility.
- Accountable for defining resource needs and works within budget and staffing parameters to accomplish objectives for area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree required (preferably Engineering, Business or Industrial Technology); Advanced degree, MS and/or MBA preferred
- High mix/low volume experience in fabrication strongly preferred
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in a manufacturing setting required, with at least 3 years of management level experience also required
- Strong Lean background, preferably in production and operations principles and practices; Six Sigma, Lean/Continuous Improvement certifications preferred
- Solid track record for performance and progression within operations, business and supply chain. Sound leadership skills essential
- Strong Lean background, preferably in production and operations principles and practices required
- Demonstrated ability to influence senior management, teams and individuals across multiple cultures, disciplines and geographies a must
- Experience in collaborating with multiple sites and functions to drive common solutions essential
- Sound business acumen operating in both High Mix, Low Volume and High Volume, Low Mix Production environments.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills a must
- Strong knowledge of business and operations management, manufacturing processes, design engineering and project management practices and techniques essential
- Knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting required
- Familiarity with furniture, cabinetry and/or millwork manufacturing a strong plus