Autobell Car Wash, Inc. is America's fifth largest conveyor car wash company. Autobell offers interior & exterior wash options and has over 85 locations in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Maryland, and Virginia.
The company was founded in Charlotte, NC, in 1969 by the late Charles "Charlie" Howard, and is still privately held and family-operated.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Entrance End of Car Wash.
- Guides customers onto the conveyor belt and provides them with proper auditory and visual directions on how to place their vehicle into neutral/accessory mode.
- Communicates with customers and helps to direct them safely to the next step in the wash process.
- Maintains a safe work environment by executing all safe driving procedure, and proper loading of vehicle on moving conveyor belt.
Exit End of the Car Wash/Detail Area.
- Safely directs customers from exit end with auditory and visual directions to a station where a team member will start the interior/exterior procedure.
- Vacuums vehicle floors and seats as well as removes trash and debris from floorboards.
- Maintains a clean and organized work environment by sweeping debris and trash that may have fallen out of vehicles.
- Through use of manual dexterity and bodily coordination team members will execute the Autobell procedures while being aware of any vehicles moving on the detail lot.
- Interior - Performs an array of cleaning tasks on the vehicle's interior, including but not limited to the following: vacuuming, cleaning windows, consoles, door panels, floor mats, and dashboard.
- Exterior – Wipes the exterior of the vehicle through execution of the Autobell wipe down procedure. Towel dries the vehicle's exterior, door jams, and rims.
- Team members will use vacuums, towels, cleaning agents, disinfectants, and protective agents to enhance and restore the vehicle's appearance.
- Ensures delivery to proper owner through adherence of claim check policy and procedures.
- Communicates with customers and provides excellent customer service.
- Reports problems related to customers, employees, equipment, and supplies to management.
- Maintains a neat personal appearance and presents himself/herself in a favorable manner to the public.
- Follows all best practices for personal hygiene and infection control.
- Follows all policies and procedures for applying disinfectant services to vehicles.
- Greets all customers with "Welcome to Autobell !"
- Performs all functions of the team member job while adhering to all safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Carries out assigned duties to keep the car wash clean and attractive.
- Cleans and disinfects the store lot, lobby, offices, restrooms, and equipment.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans windows, cleans restrooms, restocks general supplies, empties trash, and sprays the bay with hose.
- Autobell requires that you possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Autobell requires that you keep a professional, safe, and neat appearance, including no visible tattoos in a long-sleeved uniform.
- Autobell is a drug-free workplace, and all candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening.
- Demonstrates attention to detail with excellent customer service, communication, interpersonal skills, service orientation, and time management.
- Possesses excellent communication skills to interact professionally and courteously with managers, co-workers, and customers.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. The ability to receive and understand alerts from fellow team members, customers, and vendors of potential safety risks or hazards.
- Ability to hear vehicles approaching, buzzers, horns, and verbal alerts communicating potential safety risks and/or hazards,
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand. Ability to alert fellow team members, customers, and vendors of potential safety risk and hazards.
- Control Precision: The ability to safely adjust the controls of a machine or a vehicle quickly and repeatedly to exact positions.
- Fine Finger Dexterity: The ability to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of one or both hands to grasp and manipulate objects.
- Manual Dexterity: The ability to quickly move your hand, your hand together with your arm, or your two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Ability to execute safe driving procedure.
Essential Physical and Sensory Requirements
- Standing / Walking / Running /Bending – High Level.
- Hearing Concentration – High Level -
- Speaking Concentration – High Level.
- Visual – High Level.
- Lifting – up to 20 lbs.
- Outdoors in the elements.