Come join the Tillamook Team where our philosophy is "Dairy Done Right." As an independent farmer-owned cooperative, we have been guided by good, honest values since 1909. We believe in putting quality over profit, natural over artificial, and that hard work can never be outsmarted. We're taking a stand for real food, because everyone deserves better.
We invite members of all diverse communities to join our workforce. At Tillamook, we believe that inclusion and diversity are central to our cultural strategy. In order to achieve our growth ambition and compete and win in the marketplace, we believe we make better decisions and build stronger teams when we invite and rely on diverse perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures into our work and to fuel our innovation and growth. To us this means creating a climate of inclusion where all employees feel valued and a sense of belonging. We believe this will make us a better consumer brand and employer.
What does real food mean to you? Is your favorite dish a cheesy casserole? Perhaps a decadent and indulgent ice cream? Either way, your identification with food is important to us. People who fit well here at Tillamook have a commitment to quality in everything they do. Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values.
Our team members understand our vision, contribute to our mission, thrive on innovative thinking, hard work and good, honest values. We live by these shared values: We are Good Stewards, We believe in Uncompromising Quality, We work as One Team, We Play to Win, and We Genuinely Care for each other.
What you will do:
The Process Engineer owns the interface between fluid processing equipment, product, and utility systems, and leads the design and implementation of solutions to improve quality, reduce cost, and support customer demands for new products. The Process Engineer works closely with the Packaging Engineer to support the New Product Development group, and with the plant maintenance and engineering team to enhance profitability and growth by reducing operating costs and downtime. The Process Engineer develops and maintains plant capacity and condition models used in planning for future investment.
Here's a day in the life:
- Own the engineering of the cheese, ice cream, and powder production processes from milk receiving to cheese block formers, ice cream carton filler, or whey bagger
- Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing teams to lead feasibility studies for new products
- Evaluate, research and develop new/alternate materials, process methods, equipment and technologies
- Provide technical support when growth, modernization and expansion occurs in cheese, ice cream, and whey production and processing capacity to meet market demands with state of the art systems
- Develop and implement processes, procedures, and methodology to improve efficiencies and quality of dairy products produced
- Collaborate with Production, R&D, Quality and Finance to define expected operational success criteria and operational costs for proposed projects
- Own and maintain plant process models, capacity studies and condition reports. Create new where necessary
- Specify pumps, valves, and instrumentation in collaboration with the engineering automation team
- Preparation of the RFP including clear statement of work, project success criteria, process flow diagram, equipment specifications, and FAT expectations to support accurate vendor proposals
- Verify performance of new equipment and process installations
- Provide design and operational oversight for utility systems and critical production and utility equipment
- Provide technical support for maintenance when requested
- Capital project team member / SME (subject matter expert)
- Project regulatory compliance (ODA, USDA, FDA, SQF, PSM/RMP)
- Mandate adherence to all safety guidelines and work to provide a safe work environment for all employees
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with employees, supervisors and the general public
- Communicate difficult concepts and negotiates with others to achieve the optimal solution
- Act as a team player and be able to interact with staff at all levels of the company
- Work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision
- Experienced with ammonia refrigeration with food/dairy products
- Demonstrate knowledge of P&ID development and engineering specifications development. Experience with piping layouts, tank/storage handling, and fluid diversion, mixing of fluid medias specific to cheese/dairy or CIP processes, as well as pumps, and valves
- Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Demonstrates design capabilities in specification, verification, and calculation of fluid and thermal based processes
- Utilize a computer with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and SharePoint
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- 5+ years food or beverage manufacturing processes. Dairy preferred
- Have experience with the following: Mass balance process flows and calculations, heat exchange (conceptual, theoretical, & applicable), and food or dairy packaging experience
- Experience working with multi trade based vendors/contractors
- Show familiarity with USDA Dairy and 3A Sanitary Design Standards
- Professional Engineer license preferred
- A valid Oregon driver's license with satisfactory driving record
Industry leading benefit and reward programs:
We offer outstanding benefits to our employees. For more information, please visit the careers page: www.tillamook.com/careers.
We are committed to creating a diverse culture and inclusive conditions where all employees are heard, valued and feel a sense of belonging. We rely on different perspectives, thoughts, backgrounds and cultures to inform our work, to help us be better as a brand and as an employer and to fuel our success. We are seeking talent from a wide range of diversity, perspectives and backgrounds to join our exceptional organization and help us build our future.
Tillamook County Creamery Association (TCCA) is a Drug-Free Workplace. EEO/AA