Amazon's fast growing Seller Recruitment and Business Development organization is seeking a dynamic and motivated Account/Sales Representative for our newly created team focused on recruitment of minority-owned businesses. Amazon is committed to supporting minority owned businesses to become successful selling partners on Amazon. The Account Rep will be chartered with developing and managing a sales pipeline mix of both high value and transactional accounts while executing sales strategies to assist the minority owned businesses in their growth. Specifically, this individual will be responsible for identifying and building relationships with key influencers and decision-makers within the senior management and executive teams of prospective accounts, along with internal stakeholders and cross- functional teams to create and present compelling Amazon solutions that meet and exceed customer requirements.
As an organization, Amazon's North American Seller Services is uniquely highly influential by coordinating across Amazon Customers, Amazon Category teams and Amazon Sellers. We are a business development organization; we drive growth for over 2MM Amazon Sellers through business intelligence, cross-selling efforts and integrated Account Management. We are successful by focusing on aggressive growth for our Sellers' businesses.
* Identify, qualify, acquire and grow minority-owned businesses selling on Amazon.
* Analyze customer data and make recommendations in order to maximize the potential of your assigned territory. Execute successfully on the plan recommended.
* Implement and track metrics for recording the success and quality of the sellers in your vertical/territory. Use these metrics to guide your work and uncover hidden areas of opportunity.
* Manage complex partnerships and contract negotiations and serve as a liaison to the legal team.
* Prospect and close business to achieve quarterly quota targets for both the quantity and quality of sellers recruited.
* Understand and utilize Salesforce.com CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress as well as forecast and prioritize to achieve quarterly quota goals.
* Develop a thorough understanding of the e-commerce industry and competitive environment including knowledge of competitive product offerings.
* Prioritize and complete additional projects while maintaining current book of business such as mentorship, competitive analysis, and sales analysis.
* Prepare and deliver business reviews regarding progress and state of health for the respective territory.
* Meet or exceed quarterly targets and operational metrics.
* Manage numerous opportunities concurrently and strategically.
* Create and articulate compelling value propositions around the Selling on Amazon product.
* Engage with merchants to understand their needs and gauge fit with the Amazon Services product set.
* Develop a clear understanding of the Selling on Amazon products along with the features and functionalities.
* Assist internal partners to drive change, remove roadblocks and close business.
* 5+ years of experience in sales and/or business development
* Experience managing executive level relationships
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize sales funnel and use data to inform decisions
* Demonstrated ability to think both strategically and tactically
* Ability to prioritize in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.