We have exciting things going on in the AWS Enterprise Engineering organization, and we're looking for a Software Development Manager that is ready to join AWS and help us innovate the Meeting Experience on behalf of our customers.
In AWS Enterprise Engineering, we build the software, services, and infrastructure that enable Amazon services across the world to build and deliver for customers. We represent the intersection of AWS technology and the need for traditional IT solutions at Amazon's scale. We're an AWS-focused, builder-centric organization, focused on using AWS technology to reshape and reinvent foundational infrastructure technologies. We build software and services that are critical to all Amazon businesses and teams globally. We succeed when Amazon builders have the underlying infrastructure services to operate at scale, worldwide.
In this role, you will directly influence the Meeting Experience at Amazon. You will use AWS services and DevOps patterns to build the next generation of video conferencing, content sharing and livestreaming systems including both hardware and software. We are looking for a motivated leader to inspire our teams and deliver results to our customers. This is a hands-on position where your daily activities will range from strategic planning to new system development to supporting the customers that depend on your services. You will lead your teams to deliver consistent, well-defined results in an agile systems development workflow. To succeed in this role, you will deliver on-time results that delight your customers while inspiriting your team to think big about their work. If this sounds like a fit, we would love to speak with you.
* Provide bottom-line ownership for your systems and software.
* Build a strong team, hiring new resources as needed to enable team growth.
* Develop and execute against organizational and team roadmaps, goals and strategies.
* Champion and orchestrate cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
* Create individual employee development plans; cultivate career growth of team members.
* Meet business objectives in a metrics-driven environment.
* Define and measure the success of deliverables.
Interested? Intrigued? We would love to hear from you.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent.
* 7+ years of Software Development experience, including hands-on development work and object-oriented design.
* 5+ years of experience leading and managing engineering teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.