Who are we?
Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies experiencing the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We have a team of talented engineers located in multiple locations around the world, and are growing rapidly. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Curriculum Developer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. As a curriculum developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs for AWS Support's global sites.
This role's primary focus is instructional design, eLearning content development, with secondary focus on program management. This is not a training delivery role, as it does not involve regular classroom delivery of training. You will play a significant role in the development of a successful and effective global support team.
Some of the key job functions include:
* Design and develop creative, learner-centered, performance-based training materials in multiple modalities including eLearning, blended learning content, videos, tutorials, etc
* Lead the development and implementation of new learning models and content design templates
* Develop rapid and agile techniques and processes to create content for a frequently changing environment
* Lead needs analyses and learning strategy development activities to improve individual and organizational performance through learning
* Develop curriculum using multiple synchronous and asynchronous training modalities including eLearning, instructor-led, micro-learning, blended learning, and virtual training materials
* Coach and mentor junior developers in use of tools and instructional design methodologies
* Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from analysis to evaluation
* Continuously self-educate on the latest trends and practices in learning
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of AWS Support employees and our customers. Candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing a wide range of training solutions.
* Strong communication skills and ability to read/write English.
* 4+ years of experience in an instructional design/curriculum development role or similar, including strong experience in creating eLearning courses
* An undergraduate degree in communication, education, design, or related field; or relevant professional experience in similar role
* 2+ years experience in using authoring tools, such as Articulate Storyline, Adobe Captivate
* 1+ year experience in multi-media development with audio, video, and/or graphic design (e.g., Audacity, Adobe Audition, Camtasia, Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop)
* 1+ year experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Cornerstone, Thinking Cap
* Some travel required (10-25%)
Portfolio and/or eLearning sample required at interview.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.