Amazon's Device and Services Design Group (DDG) is looking for a UX Designer to drive feature design for Alexa's mobile application.
In this role, you will collaborate with a team of world-class multi-disciplinary designers to invent and deliver features that align and extend the Alexa experience across all Alexa-enabled devices. You will collaborate with design, research, product, and engineering partners across the organization to build customer-focused solutions at scale. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You must be able to lead projects forward in the face of ambiguity.
* Design beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces and experiences in a team environment
* Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, customer feedback, site metrics, and usability findings
* Use business requirements, user and market research to assist in developing scenarios, use cases, and high-level requirements
* Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of applications and experiences
* Develop conceptual diagrams, wireframes, visual mockups, click-throughs, and prototypes
* Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
* Work with project managers to plan projects for effective delivery while maintaining high standards for design
* Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences
* Write effectively to communicate design rationales and benefits to Amazon customers
* 6+ years of design experience
* An available online portfolio
* Bachelor's degree in HCI, Interaction Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent design-related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.