Kelly Engineering Resources has an outstanding Direct Hire opportunity with a gaming manufacturer in the NW Suburbs of Chicago. Our client utilizes a collaborative approach in developing arcade style games for commercial use. They are located in the NW Suburbs and are searching for a Mechanical Engineer to join their team.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced product development environment that releases new games every 6 months. You will report to the Engineering Manager and be responsible for the following:
- Engineer from concept, design & detail components/parts, mechanisms, mechanical systems, assemblies, electro-mechanical interfaces, prototype & test, release to production and provide support to product launch.
- Develop new designs and modifications to existing mechanisms, mechanical systems. improvements, that will increase game quality and reliability.
- Meet development & production deadlines.
- Develop product improvements via selecting/designing new parts, redesigning components, assemblies & sub-assemblies.
- Utilize Solidworks
- Trouble shoot product manufacturing, design and engineering issues.
- Work in a collaborative engineering environment including work with hardware & software engineers, designers, purchasing, manufacturing.
Qualifications of the Successful Mechanical Engineer:
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering Required
- Solidworks Proficiency Required
- Experience in a fast-moving product development environment that releases products to manufacturing within 3-6 months.
- Design experience that incorporates a variety of materials into products. Materials such as sheet metal parts, injection molded plastics, wood cabinetry highly preferred
- Knowledge & understanding of the manufacturing process of most of these materials is required.
- Experience in design & engineering of a product or machine with sub-assemblies, assemblies, and whole system is required.
- Knowledge of electromechanical interfaces a plus
- Hands on skills in trouble shooting & prototyping is required.
- Required interpersonal skills: Time management, self-starter, strong mechanical aptitude, collaborative, problem solving mentality.
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we’re here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits?). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.