1. Maneuver and deliver/backhaul truck loads of product and materials to plants, customers, and distributors as assigned.
2. Observing and maintaining all Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements regarding hours of service, log book, vehicle inspections, load inspections, and securing load. To include utilizing electronic logging device (paper logs when needed), on board vehicle tracking system in efficient manner.
3. Operating a tractor and trailer in a legal/safe manner consistent with all Federal, State and Local laws, regulations, and Company policies. To include the utilization of all on board safety features.
4. Completing and submitting all Company paperwork to include but not limited to manifest, bill of lading, proof of delivery pay envelopes, overage, shortage, damaged claims, and trip reports.
5. As assigned, the physical process of loading and unloading of product may be required.
6. Responsible for seal integrity and the reporting of an accurate /verified case count and condition of product during deliveries
Shift start: Based on route
Shift length: Based on route
Perdue Farms is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for everyone they touch through innovative food and agricultural products. Since their beginning on Arthur Perdue’s farm in 1920, to their expansion into agribusiness and the introduction of the PERDUE® brand of chicken and turkey under Frank Perdue. Continuing with their third generation of leadership with Chairman Jim Perdue, they've remained family-owned and family operated. They are working to become the most-trusted name in food and agricultural products.