Location: US - Pennsylvania - Allentown
JOB SCOPE/ SUMMARY:
- Work at workstation on product filling and packaging line
- Match batch tickets with information on can, acquire proper labels labeling and filling and assist in set-up of labeling machine; inspect cans to verify appropriate product identification numbers, product types and warnings are properly attached
- Retrieve plugs and stage plugs from proper area.
- Verify cans and labels are ready for batch to be filled; maintain a full scramble table with empty containers place them on filling line and stack filled containers on pallets.
- Set up, make adjustments to, clean up labelers and Inspect pallets for damage and reject as necessary.
- Operate box sticker and bailer machines and monitor equipment for proper operation.
- Request maintenance help when needed.
- Move pallets and distribute in Make & Shape area and scan pallet barcode placards for inventory purposes.
- Feed boxes onto the box assembler and feed empty containers through bailing, labeling, and sticker machines and monitor equipment functionality.
- Complete basic production log to include tank number, inspection person, product number, batch number, label identification, weight, unit size in half pints, pints, quarts, gallons, or fives and converted weight.
- Ensure proper screens or filters are placed feeding mechanism; change filters as needed and ensure correct cans are staged over from storage and correct lids are used ensuring proper sealing of lids.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent
- Some experience in a production environment is desirable
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES RECOMMENDED FOR POSITION:
- Knowledge of filling line production, packaging procedures and equipment
- Ability to operate a forklift, bailing, label, and sticker machines
- Knowledge of safety rules and procedure
- Ability to check cans, lids, fill levels and ensure proper screens or filters are being utilized
- Ability to visually inspect labels and stickers for correct identification of products
- Knowledge of equipment control systems
- May be required to work shifts and weekends
Shift 2 (United States of America)
BEHR (the "Company") is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
BEHR is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English & Spanish
E-Verify Right to Work Poster: English & Spanish