Stamford - Stamford, CT
4 Year Degree
At Lovesac, we're committed to helping people fill their homes with Total Comfort. That means having furniture that can evolve along with them as life unfolds.
From Sactionals - The World's Most Adaptable Couch(c), to Sacs - The World's Most Comfortable Seat(c), Lovesac products provide peace of mind where others can't. Our products can adapt to fit almost any space and style and look like new forever. This enables a new way of living, where people can continue to invest in, add to, and evolve their furniture instead of adding it to the landfill-which is good for families and our environment.
We're committed to working and succeeding by incorporating our Guiding Principles into everything we do:
We can all win together
Doing less and doing better
We're borrowing this earth from our children
The couch is the new kitchen table
Currently, we are seeking to hire a Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable. As a Senior Specialist, Accounts Payable, you will be responsible for:
- Own the Accounts Payable (AP) processes with the AP Coordinator and Associate including entering invoices into system; preparing and processing electronic transfers and payments and checks; and administering guidelines for proper handling and coding to ensure appropriate general ledger posting.
- Review all invoice coding and accrual processes to ensure timely accurate recording to the GL to include GL coding and accounting period. This includes establishing solid accrual processes to make sure expenses are recorded to the correct accounting period.
- Perform monthly general ledger closing activities related to Accounts Payable, assist with monthly accruals, complete month-end closing checklist, and other supporting duties.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable transactions and prepare analysis of accounts to ensure timely payments and identification of issues.
- Ensure timely cutoff by reviewing all invoices received prior to Accounts Payable close and assist with the month-end accruals.
- Correspond with vendors including researching and responding to inquiries, communicating about payment status, and ensuring that company accounts remain in good standing.
- Analyze discrepancies and liaise with other departments to research and resolve items, as necessary.
- Prepare year end 1099 reporting and collection of Form W-9 from vendors.
- Maintain complete document trails to ensure that audits can be easily conducted on all transactions.
- Guide and mentor AP Associates on processes, procedures and best practice functions including new technologies.
- Provide excellent customer service to all stakeholders, including vendors and colleagues by proactively managing staff and accounts payables issues with an emphasis on timely resolution.
- Maintain a calm demeanor and manage issues professionally and respectfully in accordance with our company standards.
- Act with integrity and trust, modeling behavior that respects our employees, peers and customers in accordance with the core values of our company.
- Perform any other duties as requested by management.
This position will report into Corporate Headquarters based Stamford, CT and will require flexibility to work both onsite as well as remote.
Requirements & Qualifications
- 3-7 years of Accounts Payable experience in manufacturing, assembly, retail or Inventory Management environment.
- 2-3 years supervisor or team lead.
- Excellent organization and interpersonal skills; ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent knowledge of invoice interpretation, period of service.
- Excelllent knowledge of GAAP (General Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Excellent knowledge of the accrual process, invoice coding and interpretation.
- NetSuite experience is preferred or other ERP systems (i.e. Oracle, SAP).
- Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel (Pivot Tables and Vlookup).
- Must have proven time management skills and quickly adapts to a changing business environment.
- Able to prioritize responsibilities with the appropriate level of urgency, able to listen and can use this information to solve problems, anticipate issues and make correct decisions based on a variety of situations.
- Must take accountability and responsibility for your actions.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines consistently.
- Must have superior communication skills; verbal, written and interpersonal skills; able to listen effectively to solve problems, anticipate issues and make effective decisions.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Maintains the highest level of customer service, creating solutions and experiences that drive business results and engagement with the brand.
- Must work collaboratively with fellow employees, treating all clients, both internal and external with dignity and respect at all times.
- Must comply with the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the Lovesac Employee Handbook.
- Must be capable of using and operating all equipment as required, including but not limited to: iPad, laptop, etc. Be able to move objects (including medium to large furniture items up to 75 pounds) from a lower to a higher position or horizontally from position-to-position or be able to assemble furniture while working on the selling floor or in our warehouse.
- Must be able to travel, as required by the Company in its sole discretion, for occasional meetings and conferences using various forms of transportation.
- Must possess a strong work ethic and exemplify The Lovesac Values:
Lovesac Core Values
Willing to sweep the floors
Only "A" Players
Our showrooms, including our website, are open seven days a week and require morning, evening, weekend and holiday availability.
Lovesac is an Equal Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, marital status, disability, military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.