Providence is calling a Registrar ( Patient Registration , Evenings, 0.625 FTE, 25 Hours Per Week) to Providence Mount Carmel Hospital in Colville, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable .
Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern system
In this position you will:
- Create a compliant, consistent and exceptional patient experience throughout the interview process.
- Ensure patients are registered in a timely manner, ensuring accounts are complete, compliant, and billable and do not require rework or intervention.
- Provide armbands in a timely manner and verifies all information on the armband with patient to ensure accuracy.
- Request, collect and document point of service from patients effectively and efficiently within EMTALA guidelines where applies.
- Escort and/or direct patient appropriately once registration completed.
- Secure patient's valuables in accordance with PSJH procedures, providing appropriate validation documentation and storing valuables in safe as needed. Return valuables to patients at discharge and complete valuables log.
- Ensure compliant order entry tasks are completed timely and accurately.
- Process all work queues timely and accurately.
- Ensure all relevant documentation is signed, labeled, scanned and completed accurately and timely.
- For all third party forms (i.e. worker comp/labor and industries/victim of crime patients), ensure forms are filled in promptly and accurately and follow through with patients for signature and completion.
- Present compliance forms, e.g. ABN, MOON, IMM and ensure signatures are obtained.
- Ensure all computer system entries are completed accurately and timely.
- Maintain accurate, clear, concise, and complete account notes and other relevant information.
- Promote PSJH as a premier service organization by treating customers with compassion and respect.
- Maintain confidentiality of all patient demographic, medical, and financial information, ensuring proper handling and disposal of confidential documents and adherence to HIPAA.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State, and local laws, regulations, and requirements as well as PSJH policies and procedures in all aspects of job performance.
- Alert clinical staff if patients need immediate attention. Working in concert with clinical caregivers for signing legal documents PATIENT SAFETY.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- H.S. Diploma or GED
- One (1) year customer service or healthcare registration..
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Some college level coursework, in Medical Terminology or Medical Assistant.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA).
- Certified Revenue Cycle Specialist (CRCS).
- Registrar and third party payor experience.
About the hospital you will serve.
Mount Carmel Hospital is a Critical Access hospital in Colville, WA serving a three county area in Northeast Washington. We are a progressive, full service hospital offering advanced medical and surgical care as well as specialty support and outpatient services.
We offer comprehensive, best-in-class benefits to our caregivers. For more information, visit
As expressions of Gods healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Patient Services
Req ID: 295944
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="F4316F4BBC3441E68B116212E19648644579">