The Delivery Manager manages the overall operations for the Delivery Department.
Position Responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Manage the operation and maintenance of motor vehicles and equipment.
- Manage key operating performance indicators (such as on-time delivery, overtime, off-load rates, etc.)
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations and safety and health standards (Department of Transportation, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, etc.)
- Staff, train, evaluate and develop team members.
- Ensure department adherence to delivery standards, efficiencies and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate with customers to determine driver needs and schedules and notifies drivers of assignments, enters assignment data in computer database.
- Establish and maintain positive customer relationships within the department, Assist in resolving customer issues as needed.
- Serve as liaison between distribution and sales departments
- Manage and audit department timekeeping, manage within labor and OPEX budget.
- Manage performance to budget and meet financial goals.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 5+ years supervisory/management experience
- Previous experience working in a warehouse, transportation, purchasing, customer service, sales or similar supply chain department
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Requires experience managing people/budgets
- Knowledge of Department of Transportation regulations
- Valid driver's license and driving record within Motor Vehicle Report policy guidelines
- Computer and database application skills
- Familiarity with inventory management systems
- Excellent problem-solving, and communication skills
- This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.