SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
STARLINK MARKET ACCESS DIRECTOR
Starlink will provide high-speed broadband to the world. Telecommunication is a heavily regulated business and this position will direct SpaceX advocacy to ensure these regulations enable and protect the provision of this ground-breaking service. As a member of the Market Access team, you will manage a robust portfolio of countries and/or regions to enable Starlink to serve people and enterprises around the world in the near future.
For each country and/or region assigned:
- Develop comprehensive and accurate understanding of market access requirements and timelines
- Obtain approvals that maximize our ability to operate within current regulations
- Drive the schedule for initial market access and rapid growth of operations
- Obtain authorization to operate by applying for and obtaining necessary licenses and approvals, including the preparation of applications/information submittals and coordination of necessary internal inputs and reviews
- Support and educate internal stakeholders on market access requirements and timeframes, working collaboratively to achieve company objectives
- Represent and promote Starlink to national administrations, regulators, legislatures, and regional organizations
- Advocate and negotiate to optimize prospective satellite and telecom regulatory frameworks and policy environments in alignment with business objectives
- Ensure on-going compliance with national policies and market access conditions, particularly with respect to use of radio frequency spectrum
- Bachelor's degree
- 5+ years of experience in project management
- 7+ years of experience in obtaining regulatory approvals for consumer products or services internationally
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Multilingual, with professional proficiency in English as well as Arabic, Hindi, Malay, Bangla and/or Mandarin
- Experience working with government/regulatory entities to obtain approvals to conduct new or non-routine operations
- Successfully managed complex projects
- Successfully managed multiple projects simultaneously within aggressive schedules
- Successfully negotiated complex agreements or issues to resolution
- Experience taking new technologies to market in regulated environments
- Understanding of spectrum use and policies
- Knowledge of radiofrequency spectrum technology
- Knowledge of key commercial and nation-state players in the satellite industry
- Willingness to travel internationally, as required, to fulfill responsibilities (up to 50%)
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (see application details).