JOB TITLE: Certified Medical Assistant
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Responsible for performing or assisting with a variety of tasks in a clinical setting including: patient preparation, physical and drug screen collection, sterile techniques, instrument care, medications and injections procedures. Communicates with patients, physician offices and testing facilities.
SUPERVISOR: Clinical Office Manager
1. Clinical duties include taking medical histories and recording vital signs, explaining treatment procedures to patients, preparing patients for examination, and assisting the physician during the examination.
2. Perform routine administrative and clinical tasks to keep the offices of physicians, and other health practitioners running smoothly.
3. Instruct patients about medications, prepare and administer medications as directed by a physician, authorize drug refills as directed, telephone prescriptions to a pharmacy.
4. Prepares exam rooms for patient visits; measures vital signs, data collection and appropriately documents information.
5. Document current medications and prescriptions that need to be renewed.
6. Instructs patient how to prepare for the physician (assisting as necessary).
7. Anticipates/sets up special equipment and/or supplies needed for the visit.
8. Alerts the physician when patient is ready and communicates pertinent clinical information.
9. Assists patient through check-out process when visit is complete.
10. Cleans and prepares room for next patient.
11. Responds to needs to expedite visits and keep on schedule.
12. Assists the physician with patient care during the visit.
13. Adheres to hand hygiene and standard precaution guidelines.
14. Provides care appropriate to age group of patients in practice setting and documents data per practice protocols age-appropriate vital signs measurements.
15. Perform other duties as required.
1. Certification required
2. High school diploma or equivalent
3. Prior health care experience and/or training is preferred.