Location: Boston, MA
We are seeking an in vivo pharmacologist to join our team. The full-time role will focus on the design, development, and evaluation of VCGTs lead therapeutics using in vivo PK/PD and efficacy studies and ex vivo biochemical and bioanalytical assays support. The successful candidate will contribute to development and characterization of in vivo mouse models, as well as support ex vivo protein and cellular analysis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, executes, and interprets experiments, with a high degree of reliability and independence
- Exercises emerging judgment to prioritize studies, based on Project impact
- Performs basic statistical analysis of experimental data, where appropriate
- Conducts own experimental troubleshooting on a routine basis
- Assists with publication and patent submission processes
- Prepares lucid protocols and written study reports
- Surveys relevant scientific literature to maintain awareness of issues and trends within the field
- Present studies effectively at internal Group/Department or Project Team research meetings
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- BS or MS in biomedical science, biology, pharmacology, immunology, or a related discipline and 2-4 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in execution of well-controlled experiments to demonstrate proof-of-concept in preclinical models.
- Must be proficient in murine handling, dosing (IV, IP, SC), survival blood collection and tissue harvesting
- Experience in handling, processing, and profiling ex vivo tissue samples.
- Ability to multi-task and excellent organization to support multiple projects across platform and disease biology/pharmacology
- Essential qualities include flexibility, adaptability and the ability to function effectively as part of an interactive team.
- Experience using programs such as FloJo, GraphPad Prism and powerpoint for data analysis and presentation.
- Background in hematology research is preferred
- Experience with In vitro/ex-vivo assessment of hematopoietic stem cells preferred
- Experience with developing and troubleshooting assays involving ex vivo protein biomarker analysis, including ELISA, multiplex assays and flow cytometric analysis of blood and tissue samples preferred.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at (see application details).