$11.00 /hr. to start; raise to $13.00 after 90 day evaluation period. Full benefits, retirement plan, etc.
Full & part-time openings. Will rotate weekends & holidays. Downtown Birmingham healthcare facility.
You will be doing the following:
- Handle inbound calls from patients for food orders (for room service)
- Will also deliver meal orders to patients in their rooms (food runner)
- Discuss various food options, selections with patients/families
- Provide friendly and exceptional service to patients and their families
- Direct patient towards appropriate food items to meet nutritional goals; explain room service process
- Review & edit patients' menu selections; consult with clinical nutrition or food service preparation staff as needed
- Meet productivity standards and incorporate health system's core values into all areas of service
Here's What Makes You a GREAT Candidate:
- Number ONE - Courteous & polite - good customer service & verbal communication skills
- HS diploma or GED, PLUS one year of related experience (order taking, customer service, other telephone work)
- Basic computer and keyboard skills - will be completely trained in the fully automated system
- MUST be dependable – show up on time, ready to work
- Willing to do pre-employment TB test, and to get flu shot every year (flu shot provided by hospital)
- Willing to go through health department's food handler certification within 14 days of starting (you are paid during training class, fees paid for by hospital)
- HEALTH DEPT REQUIREMENT: no jewelry except wedding band; no false nails
- Black pants required; top provided. Non-slip, close-toed leather shoe (no canvas).
- Drug-free; background check required
IF THIS SOUNDS LIKE YOU...
- Apply online - click "APPLY NOW" button below - We WILL call you back!
- or email Abby.Tait@expresspros.com. Be sure to include "Dietary Clerk" in email subject.
About Express Employment Professionals:
Express – Birmingham SOUTH, is a customized recruiting and staffing firm that can help you find the type of job that is a great fit for your needs and abilities - and you’ll NEVER pay a fee for our services and support. Whether you’re looking for a full-time position, part-time work, or a more flexible schedule, Express can place you in a wide range of jobs that meet your employment goals.
We help associates find work in administrative, commercial and medical positions - professional search, direct hire, temporary, temp to hire (evaluation hire), contract staffing. And if you're on a temporary, evaluation hire, contract or other assignment through Express, you can immediately take advantage of healthcare benefits, accrued holiday pay, 401k and accrued vacation pay.