Store Manager in Training - $21/hr - Lexington, Kentucky (KY)
Lexington, KY, USA LL Flooring #1148, 2320 Fortune Drive Ste 170, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America Req #11067
Thursday, October 7, 2021
Are you looking for a FUN and EXCITING new opportunity at a company where diverse and talented associates turn jobs into careers? If yes, then LL Flooring is the perfect fit for you!
LL Flooring has been serving the nation's hard surface flooring needs for over 25 years with over 420 locations nationwide and we are still growing! We offer an extensive benefits package that includes a generous amount of paid time off, paid holidays, a great 401k match, and low premium medical coverage. If you have the desire to grow and work with industry leading professionals, this is the place for you! Description:
The Store Manager in Training (SMIT) is LL Flooring's dynamic internal development program to prepare our candidates for a Store Manager position. Regular travel and ability to relocate is required. The SMIT is trained on all (Four Wall) responsibilities including: the day-to-day and long-term operations; financial requirements of a retail flooring business; and the emphasis on delivering consistent, positive results. The SMIT will partner with the Regional Manager and their assigned training Store Manager in leading and directing a team of store associates. The SMIT will learn and provide supervision in all areas of the store including: sales; ensuring a customer guided experience; executing on company initiatives; staffing; inventory control; store financials; and ensuring compliance with company standards. The SMIT will be responsible for the following:
What we offer:
- Helping customers make the best selection for their homes
- Ensuring overall customer satisfaction
- Managing and supervising of the store in absence of Store Manager
- Supporting associates in achieving personal sales goals through proper training and follow up
- Assisting with maintenance of the warehouse
- Successfully completing of the SMIT training program
What we need from you:
- Career advancement opportunities
- Positive work environment
- Great benefits package
- Nontraditional retail hours
- 2+ years of related sales/retail/customer service experience
- High School degree, GED or equivalent
- A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record
- Hard-surface flooring knowledge a plus
- Basic computer skills
- Communication skills
- Some heavy lifting
- Willingness to learn and operate a forklift
LL Flooring is an equal opportunity employer. At LL Flooring, we are committed to creating a diverse work environment by recruiting, training, compensating and promoting qualified individuals. LL Flooring does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age (40 and over), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
At LL Flooring, we are committed to bringing diverse, talented individuals to a place they want to turn their job into a career.
If you need assistance or to request a reasonable accommodation due to a disability related to the search for employment opportunities or to complete an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Function Manager
- Pay Type Salary
- Lexington, KY, USA
- LL Flooring #1148, 2320 Fortune Drive Ste 170, Lexington, Kentucky, United States of America