Company Generac Power Systems
Name Maintenance Technician I - 2nd Shift
Req # 57147
Location Oshkosh CORP
Employment Type Full Time
The Maintenance Technician I Apprentice is expected to perform emergency, routine, and preventive maintenance on all production and building equipment while maintaining safety, communicating effectively, and training employees. Responsible for daily problem solving and repair of robotic, mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, pneumatic, and controls related issues associated with manufacturing/facility operations.
* 0-3 years of experience in maintaining industrial equipment. (robotics, controls, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, electrical).
* Preferred experience on equipment and automation consistent with a metal fabrication, paint, and assembly operation.
* Willingness to take apprentice classes in specified trade skill area through a certified approved apprenticeship program (state, U.S. Gov't, college, skilled trade org, etc.).
* Ability to effectively communicate
* Contributes to identifying problems and implementing appropriate countermeasures.
* Intermediate mechanical aptitude, ability to understand complex issues and systematically work toward resolution.
* Ability to interpret drawings, schematics and machine specifications.
* Intermediate PC knowledge.
* Ability to acquire and maintain certifications for operation of service equipment.
* Demonstrated knowledge of codes and regulations as they apply to an industrial maintenance role (OSHA, Arc Flash, LOTO, NEC, etc.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to walk; stoop; crouch; bend and reach above shoulders. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds unassisted and up to 100 pounds with assistance, waist high, up to 10 feet away. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception. Temperatures can vary from cool to warm depending upon the season. The employee must comply with the assigned location PPE requirements including but not limited to safety glasses, hearing protection, appropriate gloves, clothing and shields for required tasks and closed toed or safety shoes as required by facility safety policies.