Founded in 2006, Galloway-Sands Pharmacy is an independent pharmacy dedicated to quality care. With two locations in Brunswick County, Galloway-Sands Pharmacy serves both the Supply and Southport population. Galloway-Sands Pharmacy is searching for a qualified Pharmacy Technician to work in our Southport, NC location.
The pharmacy technician will assist the pharmacist, in accordance with state and federal regulations, in the practice of pharmacy. The perfect candidate will assist in the performance of other Pharmacy Department duties and provide excellent, courteous service to our customers in accordance with company policies and procedures. This includes but is not limited to: inputting prescription data, billing insurance, maintaining proper inventory, communicating with healthcare professionals, accurately filling prescriptions, working well with the team, and maintaining cleanliness and order in the pharmacy department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for using pharmacy systems to obtain patient and drug information and process prescriptions.
- Models and delivers a distinctive and delightful customer experience.
- Engages customers and patients by greeting them and offering assistance with products and services. Resolves customer issues and answers questions to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with customers and healthcare providers.
- Under supervision by the pharmacist, assist in the practice of pharmacy, in accordance with state, federal, and company policy. Reviews and complies with the Galloway-Sands Pharmacy Code of Conduct.
- Performs duties as assigned by Pharmacy Operations Manager and Staff Pharmacist including utilizing pharmacy systems to enter patient and drug information, ensuring information is entered correctly, filling prescriptions by retrieving, counting and pouring pharmaceutical drugs, verifying medicine is correct, and checking for possible interactions.
- Assists in maintaining an effective workflow.
- Reports, immediately, prescription errors to pharmacist on duty and adheres to Company policies and procedures in relation to pharmacy errors and the Quality Improvement Program.
- Responsible and accountable for registering all related sales on cash register, collects and handles cash as required.
- Handles telephone calls that do not require personal attention of the pharmacist, including those to physicians.
- Performs other clerical duties, as assigned by the Pharmacy Operations Manager.
- Assists and supports Pharmacy Department on inventory management activities, such as, returns, unpacking, checking and storing shipment of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains knowledge of Company techniques of filing systems, and works to resolve order errors or damaged goods involving Rx drugs.
- Assists Pharmacy Operations Manager and Staff Pharmacist in developing and maintaining good relationships with the local medical community, including physicians, nurses, and other health care providers.
- Assists with exterior and interior maintenance by ensuring the Pharmacy Department is stocked with adequate supplies, clean, neat and orderly in condition and appearance.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures; maintains respectful relationships with coworkers.
- Completes special assignments and other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Willingness to work flexible schedule (Required) : Hours of operation are Mon-Fri 9am-6pm Sat 9am-3pm Sun Closed
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in a retail pharmacy environment (Required)
- Excellent computer skills (Required)
- Experience with PioneerRX software (Preferred)
- PTCB Certification (Preferred)
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with NC Pharmacy Board (Required)