Sheetz Corporate - LEESBURG, VA PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION:
Manage the site engineering/approval process and obtain all necessary permits for the construction of new stores and car washes, rebuild stores, remodel projects and other miscellaneous Sheetz Store Design/Development Projects. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
REQUIREMENTS:(Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)Education
- Maximize the development of internal talent through regular performance coaching, performance reviews and presenting developmental opportunities.
- Monitor annual budgets for assigned area of responsibility to maximize profitability.
- Manage the site engineering/approval process for new and rebuild Sheetz store sites and the approval/permitting process for miscellaneous remodel projects. Ensure all necessary permits are approved, issued, and paid for.
- Report Project Status and Cost information to the Regional Engineering/Permit Project Manager.
- Contract Civil, Geotechnical and Traffic Engineering consultants to design new and rebuild store sites.
- Value Engineer the site design to assure maximum development cost savings.
- Assist real estate site selectors and Directors by identifying site feasibility concerns and providing preliminary development cost estimates.
- Represent Sheetz at public municipal and governmental agency meetings, including testimony at Zoning Hearing Boards.
- Assist the Construction Project Managers throughout the bidding and construction phases when required.
- Approve and track site development costs and monitor agency approval dates and schedules.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Project Management or related field required. Experience
- Minimum of 5 years Site Engineering and project management experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience preferred.
Professional Engineer/Landscape Architect License preferred Tools & EquipmentABOUT SHEETZ
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn't changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.