OrthoVirginia, Virginia's largest provider of expert orthopedic and therapy care, is currently seeking a part-time, experienced Clinical Team Member to join our team! Along with a collaborative, team-oriented work environment, our outstanding employment package includes: competitive salaries, excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid time off (PTO), a generous 401k incentive plan, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, and a company-wide wellness program.
As a part of the orthopedic team, the Clinical Team Member will interact with patients and perform clinical, maintenance and administrative assignments.
Primary Functions & Accountabilities
- Prepare exam rooms prior to patient arrival.
- Interview patients to obtain medical information and vital statistics.
- Record patient's medical history, height and weight.
- Patient education to include cast care, traction care and the use of orthopedic appliances.
- Input orders directed by physician (x-ray, physical therapy).
- Schedule appointments necessary to patient care (return appointments, post-ops, study follow-up etc.).
- Surgery scheduling to include coordination of preoperative H&P testing, therapy and pre/post-operative equipment.
- Assist with patient flow and give direct patient care as directed.
- Maintain clean and well-stocked treatment rooms, bracing rooms and clinical areas; ensure appropriate and timely disposal of Sharps and biohazard material.
- Respond to phone calls and triages appropriately and resolve issues accordingly the same day.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Excellent customer service skills and patient focus
- Strong organizational and customer service skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years experience in a medical facility working as a medical assistant or heavy administration role Preferred
- CNA, CCMA, CMA, RMA, ROT, ATC, EMT or LPN Preferred
- Physical health sufficient to meet the ergonomic standards and demands of the position.
High School or Equivalent
2 to 20+ years