Minnesota Bank & Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"(c)Under direction, the Senior Personal Banker will be responsible for assisting customers in a dual role function. The role is responsible for providing an exceptional in-branch customer experience by handling every customer need including sales and service, consumer loan origination, and teller transactions as needed. Utilizing a needs-based selling approach, the Senior Personal Banker will provide solutions based on customer needs and how they like to conduct their banking. In addition, this position will be responsible for referrals to the other lines of business to meet the customer's financial needs. The Senior Personal Banker will work with the banking team in attaining banking center goals and constantly striving to improve the profitability of the banking center
A. Transaction Responsibilities
1. Senior Personal Bankers are responsible for offering and selling financial products and services to both consumer and small business customers. Including, but not limited to:
a. Checking and Savings Accounts
b. Consumer Loans
c. Consumer Loan Insurance
d. Home Equity Loans/Lines of Credit
e. Credit Cards
f. Certificates of Deposit
g. Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs)
h. Health Savings Accounts
i. Deposit only business relationship customers with non-lending needs
2. Operates a teller window to meet the needs of the banking center.
3. Provides exceptional customer service while listening for sales opportunities, explains and promotes bank products or services to customers and actively participates in the referral program and strives to meet goal (as determined by individual bank).
4. Effectively use sales skills such as: effective listening, adapting to differences in customers, identifying needs, expanding and deepening customer relationships, responding to verbal and non-verbal clues, presenting solutions through product benefits, establishing a clear difference, overcoming resistance, asking for the business, completing sale, nurturing relationships, and establishing methods for follow-up.
5. Follow up with prospects and current customers to promote new products and services and/or thanking customers for existing business.
6. Actively monitor the status of key customer relationships to promote business growth and service quality, increase the number of services used per customer to increase both profits and customer retention.
7. Maintains confidentiality in handling customer and bank information.
8. Follows security policies and procedures to prevent bank and customer losses.
9. Answer questions and solve problems for customers and office staff concerning all services provided by the bank by: listening to problems, collecting information, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party.
10. Maintains a detailed level of knowledge on retail products and services and a conversational knowledge of non-retail products (e.g., mortgage, insurance, wealth management)
11. Works collaboratively with the banking team to achieve customer service and sales objectives
12. Actively participates in banking center sales activities
13. Adhere to guidelines outlined in the Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 (S.A.F.E. Act).
B. Operations Responsibilities:
1. May act as backup to the Branch Operations Supervisor or Assistant Banking Center Manager in their absence as designated.
2. Responsible for teller operations as needed
3. Maintains an acceptable Cash Over and Short account according to the bank policy.
4. Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and Monetary Instrument logs.
5. Must be security conscious and comply with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
6. Opens and closes the banking center according to bank security policy.
7. Completes annual E-Learning Plan, Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and other compliance training as assigned and maintains up-to-date knowledge of BSA and other regulatory requirements as it relates to the job function.
Secondary and Nonessential Responsibilities:
1. Performs Other Duties as Assigned
1 High School Diploma/GED.
Bachelor's Degree preferred.
2. 3-5 years of experience in sales & customer service
3. Previous teller or cash handling and consumer loan experience preferred
4. Experience providing high quality customer service
5. High attention to detail
6. Experience working in a team environment
7. Ability to count and balance cash
8. Ability to read and interpret documents such as policy and procedure manuals
9. Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time
10. Knowledge of MS Office, Windows and ten key calculator
11. Must satisfy requirements of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act Sec. 19
1. Active National Mortgage Licensing System License or ability to obtain.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time