The General Maintenance team member will perform routine work as well as respond to needs in the repair and general maintenance of the facilities and equipment under supervision or without supervision. The team member will execute work within established procedures under both verbal and written instructions. The member will perform work involving the skills to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of the hotel in good repair. Duties may involve painting, pipe fitting, plumbing and maintenance of fixtures and drains, carpentry, repairing electrical or mechanical equipment, installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment, repairing building, floors, or stairs, A/C maintenance, and electrical repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Repair general maintenance work of facilities, buildings, grounds, and equipment at various sites including electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry, glazier, and painting tasks.
- Repairing and treating structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls, carpets and roofs.
- Performing minor repairs, troubleshooting, and adjustment of locks on cabinets, locks, closets, desks.
- Servicing kitchen, appliances, and emergency equipment, reporting mechanical malfunctions to the Chief Engineer for action.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Responding to radio calls during regular work hours to accommodate guest issues or requests.
- Clean or lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Assemble, install, or repair wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- Paint or repair roofs, windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in laundries, hotel rooms, stores, offices, or restaurants.
Skills and Specifications
- Ability to use efficiently various power and hand tools.
- Should follow oral or written instructions.
- Communicate efficiently and fluently in both written and oral form.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
- Holiday and weekend availability is mandatory.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Maintenance Technician, Location: Ogdensburg, NJ - 07439