DHL Global Forwarding (DGF)
manages the flow of goods and information across a customer's global supply chain utilizing air/ocean/ground transportation, customs brokerage services, and dedicated warehousing/distribution centers. We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world's leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html DHL Same Day
is an international expedited transportation company which is part of DHL Global Forwarding. We have an exciting opportunity for a DG Operations Supervisor
to lead our team in Sterling, VA in managing the global movement of explosive and radioactive shipments.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead, motivate and supervise a team of DG Operations Specialists
- Provide customer account management on a daily basis
- Identify solutions to streamline processes and improve DG Operations performance
- Ensure all customer enquiries are responded promptly and professionally
- Prioritize and delegate work tasks among team members
- Collaborate with Operations and other teams to ensure smooth customer-related process flows
- Take an active role in the development and coaching of DG Operations Specialists
- Serve as escalation point in customer interactions
- Facilitate regular customer meetings which include weekly, biweekly, monthly and quarterly meetings
Other duties as assigned
- Must have international shipping experience and a strong knowledge of DG shipping rules and regulations
- A minimum of three years leadership experience working in an expedited shipping environment is preferred
- Possess diverse technology skills to include MS Word and Excel. Prior experience developing and refining operational processes is essential
- Must be process driven and oriented toward achieving positive/successful outcomes
- DG certification required
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Open to minimal travel
DHL offer its employees a competitive salary along with a full benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance along with 401k and tuition assistance.
DHL is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and other protected characteristics.
Please note a resume is required to apply for all DHL positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Vets. Click here for EEO Statements and Reasonable Accommodations.