We're Movin' in! New Store Opening May 1, 2021!!
Slumberland Furniture is moving into East Peoria and we are looking for new talent to build our team of furniture experts. We have opportunity in Sales and Warehouse positions, offering best in class customer service in the retail industry.
We will be located at: 340 West Washington Street, East Peoria, IL 61611
See other Slumberland locations
As one of the Midwest's top retailers of home furnishings, we have more than 120 stores across twelve states, and sell high-quality mattresses alongside a full line of furniture and home décor -- all at an incredible value! We are A family-owned company with strong roots in the community, and have a long history of giving back. Our 40 Winks foundation has given away over 45,000 new beds to kids in need since 1991. For more information, visit Slumberland.com.
Our Mission is to improve the life of each customer and strengthen our communities by providing personalized sleep and home furnishing solutions.
* Culture of Love, Dignity & Respect
* Convenient Retail Hours
* On the job training
* New store opening experience
* Full Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision and more
* Retirement and Profit Sharing
* Amazing Merchandise Discount
* 3 weeks of paid time off in your first year (earned each paycheck), including 24 hours available to use on day one
* Home nightly
Delivery Driver & In-Home Furniture Installer - Training Provided!
* Deliver to & set up merchandise in customer's home is a safe manner
* Ability to pass a drug screen, criminal background check, and MVR
* Ability to lift 75lbs. and occasionally up to 200lbs.
* Ability to obtain a DOT Health Card
* Responsible for daily pre-trip inspection of vehicle
Your Success -- It's Assured:
At Slumberland, our products are new and fresh and we see healthy growth in the business year after year. That translates to success for you! Most of our current operations leaders were delivery personnel at one time. We promote from within through our Manager in Training position, and Individual Development Plans. We provide a culture that encourages employee engagement; a place where you are respected and your voice is heard!
What you bring to the table:
* Passion and drive to reach your professional goals
* A genuine love for meeting new people
* Pride in your work environment as a team player
* Ability to pass DOT requirements; pass a criminal background check; pass a drug test
* Ability to work independently as a self-starter; provide direction; maintain accurate records
* A solid and reliable work ethic
* Flexibility to work throughout the week, day-shift schedules, in a fast-paced environment
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled