Temporary Staff (SHRA)
UTS-Temporary Accounting Pool at UNC Chapel Hill
HR UTS Partnership
Position Posting Category
$15.00 - $20.00 per hour
If part-time, how many hours per week?
Typically M-F 8am – 5pm, PT as well
Proposed Start Date
Estimated Duration of Appointment
Posting Open Date
Posting Close Date
Description of Work
Thank you for applying with University Temporary Services! Please note, this application is the first step in the process for being considered for accounting roles at UNC Chapel Hill. This is not a specific position but rather, an application showing your skill set and interest in becoming a candidate for consideration with UTS.
The Accounting Tech may perform one or all of the following tasks:
- Monitor and reconcile PCard transactions for PCard holders
- Process invoices for payment through voucher system
- Initiate Requisitions, Journal Vouchers and IDTs
- Prepare deposits
- Maintain files and reconcile transactions
- Process student worker and temporary hiring/modification/separation actions, and serve as timekeeper
- Initiate summer salary and other additional compensation actions
- Assist with coordination of activities between faculty and staff and College Business Office
- Assist with Contracts and Grants
Education and Experience
Associates Degree and one year of experience in accounting work; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Experience with financial transactions.
- Proficiency in and experience using MS Excel for budgeting and accounting.
- Effective writing and verbal communication skills.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.
UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State University are collaborating to extend NC State's internal temporary staffing function as a shared service for both institutions. Under this partnership, UTS provides exclusive temporary staffing services to UNC-Chapel Hill and NC State, employing candidates to work as temporary employees in a variety of jobs on both campuses.
If interested, please apply here: https://jobs.ncsu.edu/postings/144801
Temporary Employment Policies
Office of Human Resources Contact Information
If you experience any problems accessing the system or have questions about the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (919) 843-2300 or send an email to email@example.com
Please note: The Office of Human Resources will not be able to provide specific updates regarding position or application status.
Optional and Required Documents