Bellevue, WA 98009
Primrose School of West Bellevue is currently looking for a motivated and educated Early Childhood Educators in our 3 to 4 year classroom. We opened August 2018 and are quickly growing with our reputation as a company.
Job Type: Full-time
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children with a co-teacher.
- Must be able to work as a team and communicate well. Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Plans with the Leadership Team and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials.
- Plans with the Leadership Team all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
- Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and potty training duties using our online system.
- Maintains the Primrose Schools professional attitude and work behavior.
- Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Primrose Schools and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Maintains an overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
- Must love to nurture and teach young children
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Ability to relate positively with young children.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position is preferred
- Certification or degree related to early childhood or preschool/elementary education is preferred.
- Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
Job Type: Full-time
Related to this job
Posting ID: 632129350 Posted: 2021-10-19 Job Title: Preschool Teacher