Jumpstart your career as a cybersecurity professional with BAE Systems, supporting and protecting information systems critical to national security at one of the leading companies in Aerospace and Defense. Develop your Information Assurance (IA) career through hands on application, work with seasoned professionals, and a training and development plan designed to grow your skills in a fast paced, team-based environment.
If you are looking to learn, influence, and help develop top cyber technologies, applications, and processes that protect and service our customers wherever they may be air, land, and sea come join our award-winning security team here at Electronic Systems (ES).
Responsible for supporting adherence to all aspects of a rigorous Risk Managed Framework (RMF) compliance program as stipulated by NISPOM/DAAPM, JSIG, ICD 503, STIGs and associated NIST publications.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
Education and Experience:
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or 6 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required skills and qualifications:
• IAM Level I certification commensurate with DoD 8570.1M requirements (or ability to obtain certification within 6 months)
• High level of personal motivation and initiative to learn and acquire new skills, and adapt seamlessly to an ever-changing security environment
• Customer focused, excellent communicator and ability to work with limited supervision.
• Strong organizational skills
• Able to interface with other IA team members, other security disciplines (industrial
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
• Working knowledge of system functions, security policies, technical security safeguards, and operational security measures.
• Experience with auditing and certifying compliance of various systems (Windows, Linux, Network Devices and peripherals).
• Experience with the preparation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documents and procedures
• Experience with development and delivery of IA-related briefings and training material.
• Experience with compliance and vulnerability scanning tools (Nessus, SCAP, ACAS, SCC).
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts – defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team—making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Electronic Systems (ES) is the global innovator behind BAE Systems' game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere – from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact – for our customers and the communities we serve. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.