Building HVAC MechanicJob Description
Use your Maintenance background to launch an exciting career in the Maintenance Division of one of the nation's leading retailers! Boscov's is a chain of full service department stores serving the total family needs of our customers. For over 100 years, Boscov's has been known for its great values and famous brands, and for offering a broad selection of quality merchandise in its stores and online. We are looking for a Building Maintenance Mechanic to join our maintenance team.
As part of a fast-paced, dynamic maintenance team, you will ensure the safety and functionality of our stores. Whether you have previous maintenance experience OR HVAC experience, this is a great opportunity to pursue a rewarding career with a company known for quality and big savings. Apply today!Job Responsibilities
As a Building Maintenance Mechanic, you will build customer confidence, provide accurate information, and promote the company by ensuring the safety of our buildings. You will be responsible for maintenance and repair of our store buildings.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Clean/organize maintenance related areas to keep compliant with regulations
- Perform electrical work up to and including 480 vac/3 phase
- Lighting repairs, replacements and upgrades
- Maintain machinery, equipment, and tools by cleaning, lubricating, greasing, oiling to ensure optimum working order
- Apply paint, varnish, and stain to all types of surfaces in order to protect and beautify surfaces using appropriate tools and equipment. Repair drywall and other surface materials
- Complete minor roofing repairs, keep rooflines and drains clear of debris
- Adjust and maintain doors and door openers
- Repair and minor patching to floor surfaces
- Troubleshoot, repair, and service HVAC related equipment, compressor change out, motor replacement, leak detection, repair belts, filters, and drains
- Service and replace plumbing fixtures
- Electrical generator inspections, operations, and minor repairs
- Related duties as assigned
Successful candidates for the Building Maintenance Mechanic role should have the ability and desire to actively participate in maintaining the safety of the stores.
Additional requirements of the Building Maintenance Mechanic include:
- Minimum one to three years of HVAC and general building repair/maintenance
- Universal Certificate preferred; National Refrigeration Certificate or be willing to acquire same within two years
- Travel between Salisbury, MD and Dover, DE locations
- Work with minimal direction
- Open availability including evenings and weekends
- High school diploma or equivalent, trade school background helpful
At Boscov's, we value our employees, and that's why we provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. As a member of our service team, you will be eligible to receive:
Work where people love to shop!
- Competitive starting rate
- Weekly Pay
- Comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental
- Paid Vacations and Personal days
- Liberal Employee Discounts
- Opportunity for Advancement
- Much More!
Equal Opportunity Employer