It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.Have what it takes? Join us.Fiberglass Finisher ProfileWant to join a winning team? Boston Whaler is expanding, and we're looking for the best and most dedicated people to join our family! We offer competitive pay, an outstanding health and financial benefits package at 30 days of employment, Tuition Reimbursement, and a new pathway to build your career. Position Overview
- Repairs fiberglass boat hulls, decks, and small parts using spray gun with paint, buffer with wax, polish, compound, fillers, putty, and/or paste
- Hand tools may include gel-coat spray equipment, grinders, buffer, drill, or other specialty tools and fixtures
- Responsible for parts inspection and have an understanding of fiberglass finish or basic use of abrasives
- Works following specific job instructions, frequently reading and providing verbal and/or written status of part completion
- May include handling and application of solvents, paints, pastes, putty, and wax along with proper disposal
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements could include full face respirators, dust masks, gloves, and chemical resistant suits
- Ability to work a 10+ hour shift standing, bending, reaching
- Moderate lifting ability up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in a non-climate controlled environment (may be above 100 ambient degrees or below 10 ambient degrees in areas of production)
- Ability to work in a fiberglass dust environment and a fast paced, noisy environment
- Ability to work overtime (planned and unplanned)
- Must follow all safety and quality standards at all times, including chemical handling standards and PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Fiberglass repair and finishing experience preferred
- Understand and follow verbal and written directions
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Ability to use hand, and pneumatic tools, buffer and abrasive sanding tools/supplies
- Ability to work with fellow coworkers in close proximity and in a team environment displaying mutual respect
- Ability to fluently speak, read, understand, and write English
- High school diploma or GED required
This position could be for first shift, 5:00am – 3:30pm or 6:00am-4:30pm, or second shift (4:30pm – 3:00am (Mon-Thurs). Overtime frequently required based on business needs. Boston Whaler reserves the right to adjust shifts and times as business needs arise.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.About Boston Whaler:
For more than 50 years, Boston Whaler has been building superior quality unsinkable runabouts, cruisers and center console boats. Founded in 1958 and currently headquartered in Edgewater, FL, the company's unique foam-cored construction process contributes not only unsurpassed flotation, but superior ride characteristics and durability. The current product line ranges from 11- 42 feet and is distributed around the world by a network of exceptional dealers. For more information about The Unsinkable Legend, please visit www.bostonwhaler.com. Boston Whaler is owned by Brunswick Corporation (NYSE: BC), the largest marine manufacturer in the world. We recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of experience and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and inspiration. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
For help, please contact our support team at: firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-278-6942.
#Brunswick Corporation - Boston Whaler