No. of Positions
Auto req ID
Infrastructure Management Services (IMS)-EUC-Desktop Management
B.E, B.Sc (Hons), Bachelor of Science, BE/B.Tech (Hons), BE/Btech/Beng(Hons), BSc(Eng) - Bachelor of Science in Eng, IT Management
Job Description (Posting).
This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of desktop computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and local technical staff is required.
Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
A good understanding of general IT services is required. "Smart Hands" services and cooperation with subject matter experts to provide "eyes, hands and feet" in support of Networking Equipment, Servers, Telecoms and other IT related equipment.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provide hardware / software / network problem diagnosis support/resolution to end users located onsite. Wi-Fi support and Mobile Device support.
- Assists users with installation, configuration and ongoing usability of computers and peripherals within established standards and guidelines.
- Basic phone system support of desk phones and other ancillary telecom hardware and software; Data network troubleshooting and support including campus MDF, IDF and hardware/connections servicing campus.
- Coordinate and manage relationships with support teams that provide support for hardware / Software / network and other infrastructure problem issues.
- Setup, configure, and support for video conferencing in campus conference rooms and classrooms.
- Works with vendor support contacts to resolve technical problems.
- Works with service desk as appropriate to determine and resolve issues faced by end users.
- Respond to support requests from service desk, users and other infrastructure teams.
- Use the Ticket Tracking System to document and manage Incidents, Service requests, problems and their respective resolutions and avoidances.
- Backing up/restoring user profiles, e-mail and Apollo work related documents.
- Training: Be willing to participate & provide training to the service desk team to help enhance skills and support capabilities. End user training on software and technology related items; Guidance to students and faculty on the use of Apollo technology.
- Create Knowledge base articles to track appropriate knowledge.
- Ensure all escalated tickets are handled and resolved with high customer satisfaction and with Tickets aging in control.
- Work on Reporting, generating day to day reports, Adhoc reports as and when required.
- Microsoft & Mac OSX environment knowledge (desktop & server).
- Have some level of technical understanding of the products building up a desktop service.
- Coordinate desktop changes to avoid deployment collisions.
- Performs upgrades and general preventive maintenance tasks as directed to ensure the longevity of equipment.
- Collaborate with campus leaders and IT Operations staff to provide technology support for regional proj