$15/hr. + tips which average and additional $4-$7/hr. and a sign-on bonus of $250!*
Opening shifts can start at 8 am, and closing hours are scheduled until 8 pm once we extend to dinner service.
You are drawn to the front of house, customer facing role. But you also love variety and know your way around a grill. You are energetic, fun, and have a positive personality. We are looking for someone like you to join our team at our newest Elephants location at the World Trade Center.
We need an energetic team-player to serve menu items from the hot food line. This position requires exemplary hospitality and active customer service, knowledge of specialty and high-end products, and efficient workflow. As you grow in your role, you could learn how to make sandwiches, and other grill menu items to order.
We need someone who can:
- Perform store opening procedures and guidelines in an accurate and efficient manner
- Heat, prep, stock, and prepare food according to Elephants quality high standards and Health
- Department guidelines
- Maintain appropriate food levels and production/prep list throughout shift and for next shift
- Maintain a clean and attractive workstation and personal presentation throughout shift
- Engage in active selling
- Know the ingredients of all products in this area
- Present positive body language. Keep moving
- Be directly responsible for your own certification and training
- Communicate product information to cooks. Troubleshoot and question food quality
- Other duties as assigned
You should also:
- Thrive in a fun environment and has a good sense of humor and a cheerful personality.
- Assist customers with purchases and produce food and other beverages in a way that meets Elephants’ standards for consistency and excellence.
- Be flexible and able to attend to a variety of customer needs--from grill to steam table to soup station, etc.
- Develop great relationships with customers. One must also can remember customers’ names and special drink or food requests that each customer may enjoy.
- Obtain and carry on your person, a current OLCC License and Food Handler’s Permit.
- Have food service, barista, register/retail, or FOH experience
- Have a passion for food and drinks!
*Sign-on bonus will be paid out after working 90 days.
Your Mission is our Mission
A certified B Corporation, Elephants Delicatessen is passionate about great local foods from scratch and our social mission: community involvement, employee well-being, and environmental protection.
Our people are the most valuable asset we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that our employees invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture, but our reputation and company’s achievement as well.
We provide a competitive wage and benefit package for our employees, which includes:
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Kaiser Medical coverage, with alternative care as a bonus (acupuncture, chiropractic, massage therapy, etc.)
- Dental, FSA, and 401k
- Employee Assistance Program
- Discounts on our yummy, made-from-scratch food
- A fun, energetic environment
- Chance to win employee raffles
- Discounts at selected B Corporations
- Cell phone discounts with Verizon and Sprint
- Discount at Sketchers.com and Shoes for Crews
- Counseling services
- Training and support
- Opportunities for advancement
- The opportunity to make a difference: We value every employee’s contributions and ideas