The Garden City Co-op is seeking a transportation fuel truck driver to serve our member-owners with their petroleum supply needs to keep their business moving forward. This is a great opportunity for an individual to receive competitive pay with great benefits while working for a sustainable and progressive company and benefitting from being home most nights as a truck driver. Excellent benefits package includes health and dental insurance, life insurance, retirement plan, optional 401K with company match, accrued vacation leave and sick leave, and more.
This position is responsible for safely and accurately delivering petroleum goods and services to our customers throughout Southwest Kansas. This position requires an individual with a flexible work schedule to be available to work Saturdays, early mornings, and late evenings.
FUEL TRUCK DRIVER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (include but are not limited to):
Conduct inspections of vehicle before departing to deliver goods - Load products onto trucks according to company's specifications - Deliver orders to customers on assigned routes - Maintain ongoing communication with route dispatcher - Unload goods as per client specifications - Review deliveries with customers to ensure products meet their needs - Obtain delivery confirmations from each customer
- Operate equipment safely and accurately
- Responsible for regular upkeep and maintenance of equipment
- Comply with GCC Safety and Compliance Manual
- Comply with GCC employee manual
- Be at least 21 years of age - Have or be able to obtain Class A CDL with hazmat and tanker endorsements - Have a minimum of one year of driving experience - Have a clean driving record and ability to pass a company driving test, drug test and background check - Be able to work some overnights and weekends - Be able to climb ladders and deal with heights - Be able to do a lot of lifting and bending loading and unloading trucks - Work in hot and cold climates and dusty environments - Work in enclosed areas
- Use of email, internet, and provided ELD software
- Attention to detail and maintaining accuracy
INDIVIDUAL COMPETENCIES NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION
• Positive Outlook - Always displays optimism. Stays positive and remains
upbeat. Notices and acknowledges things that are going well, especially during
stressful times. Faces problems head on and will make productive changes to
• Relationship Building - Develops contacts and relationships which are internal
and external to the organization and facilitates work efforts or to gain support
and cooperation from others.
• Productivity - Meets or exceeds the expectations that have been established for
this position. Has successfully combined skills, ability and effort to ensure
that manager's expectations related to position results and output are achieved.
• Dependability - Follows through with commitments and can be counted on to
meet deadlines. Comes to work on time as scheduled and is ready for work.
Demonstrates a good attendance record and is aware of the impact that missing
work will have on the customer as well as co-workers.
• Personal Accountability for Safety - Behaves in a way that demonstrates Safety
as a top priority. Immediately informs a supervisor about any unsafe working
conditions. Does not hesitate to address co-workers that engage in unsafe work
PHYSICAL DEMANDS FOR THIS POSITION
• Lifting and Bending
• Use of hands
• Reach with hands and arms
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The physical demands described above are representative of those that must be met in order to
perform this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, position
responsibilities, and required abilities and skills. This job description in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties to be performed by an individual in this position and nothing in this
job description restricts management's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to
the person holding this position at any time. Requirements are representative of minimum levels