Job Description: HVAC Service Expert
We realize that our greatest assets are our best-in-class associates, which is why we're dedicated to offering limitless opportunities for growth and advancement. We want to help you build a long-lasting career with Ferguson. Together, we can continue to lead the industry and help build our nation's infrastructure from the ground up. Join our team today.
Ferguson is currently seeking the right individual to fill an immediate need for an HVAC Service Expert opening. As an HVAC Service Expert, you will work with Business Development, Branches, Manufacturers, Distribution Center Management and others as necessary to provide heating and air conditioning subject matter expertise, installation guidance and training. If you have prior experience as an HVAC Service Technician, HVAC Installer, or HVAC Trainer, this is an excellent opportunity to apply your expertise within a more office-based setting and grow with an industry-leading company!
This is a territory-based role, supporting Central Pennsylvania and parts of New Jersey and Deleware, and requires frequent travel within the territory. This position has the option to be based out of any of our local Pennsylvania or New Jersey Branches and offers remote work flexibility
outside of on-site training sessions, (roughly 50% annually)Responsibilities
- Resolve any service or technical issues, which may arise involving the installation of any heating and air conditioning product
- Instruct how to proceed in repair or troubleshooting
- Determine best methods to satisfy customer and end user
- (labor reimbursement, equipment concessions)
- Ensure customer/contractor is representing product in an accurate and reputable manor
- Evaluate customer/contractor installations through field visits
- Act as liaison between vendor and customer/dealer
- Ensure credits are properly appointed
- Accurately document all conversations and field visits
- Develop and perform all aspects of customer training, including individualized product or by customer specific needs
- Provide HVAC technical training to associates in all branches as required
- Develop and maintain a training calendar
- 5+ years HVAC field service and/or distributor field service experience, required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Possess an exceptional understanding of field service skills as they relate to equipment installations and trouble-shooting
- Understanding of field service tools and equipment and their use
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Desire to train others
Ferguson is dedicated to providing meaningful benefits programs and products to our associates and their families—geared toward benefits, wellness, financial protection and retirement savings. Ferguson offers a competitive benefits package which includes: medical, dental, vision, retirement savings with company match, paid leave (vacation, sick, personal and holiday), employee assistance programs, associate discounts, community involvement opportunities and much more!
-The Company is an equal opportunity employer as well as a government contractor that shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a), which prohibits discrimination against qualified protected Veterans and the requirements of 41 CFR 60-741.5(A), which prohibits discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of disability.