Providence is calling a Dietitian - Nutrition Services (1.0 FTE, Days) to Providence Home Services Oregoin Portland, OR.Apply Today! Applicants that meet qualifications will receive a text with some additional questions from our Modern Hire System.
We are seeking a Dietitian - Nutrition Services who will work closely with the departmental and interdisciplinary health care team to provide inpatient and outpatient care that is integrated and compatible with patient-centered medical goals and objectives. Utilizes the Nutrition Care Process and Terminology (NCPT) to assess nutrition status, identify nutrition diagnoses, performs nutrition-focused physical examination, interprets results and makes nutrition diagnoses, orders nutrition and diet orders, designs and implement nutrition care plans and evaluate outcomes of nutrition care plans for patients who are at nutrition risk or malnourished. Provides medical nutrition therapy and professional nutrition counseling methods to patients, families and the community.
A Dietitian who will apply evidence-based practice guidelines, instructional methods and tools in clinical practice. Utilizes nutrition-related information systems and patient medical record systems to successfully coordinate patient nutrition care and dining experiences.In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications :Required qualifications for this position includes:
- Assess the patient's current nutritional status and metabolic condition to recognize characteristics that place patient at risk for malnutrition, and other nutrition related problems including nutrient deficiency, insufficiency and excess
- Identify, define, develop, implement and monitor the nutrition care plan to meet identified nutrition-related outcomes
- Clearly document nutrition plan in medical record following standards of care and approved charting formats
- Critically analyze and report findings to, and in conjunction with the physician, health care staff, patients and/or families to coordinate nutrition care for the best patient outcome
- Write diet related orders in the patients' medical record to enable timely and accurate patient treatment and outcomes
- Monitor, identify and manage ongoing patient nutritional needs, recommending appropriate modifications in medical nutrition therapy as indicated, or writing orders within scope of practice
- Implement medical staff approved nutrition protocols to provide optimal patient care
- Provide and document discharge information and discharge care plans to patients and their next care providers
- Contact and communicates verbally with physicians when the patient nutrition condition requires rapid physician response
- Create a Nutrition Diagnosis of protein-calorie malnutrition for all patients based on approved clinical characteristics, bring all patients with nutrition risk and malnutrition concerns to the attention of the physician in a timely manner using organizational standard processes
- Assist in the development of educational programs and literature to support healthy nutrition habits and lifestyles
- Counsel, teach and support patients, family and care providers in principles and applications of the nutrition plan, taking into account individual patients' unique cultural, religious, physical or age-related needs and preferences
- Collaborate with other professionals for care and reports patient care practices when they are inconsistent with accepted clinical nutrition practice
- Perform all duties within the context of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics Scope of Practice of the registered dietitian nutritionist in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Providence Health & Services mission, values, goals and philosophy
Preferred qualifications for this position includes:
- Bachelor's Degree in Dietetics or related field (educational requirements as established by the American Dietetic Association).
- Registered with the Commission on Dietetic Registration
- Current AHA BLS (Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required within 30 days of hire.
- Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (CNSD) required or obtain within one year of hire date.
- Valid driver's license.
- Driving record consistent with GOP Safe Driving Policy 330 Incident Point Matrix at time of hire.
- Two (2) years experience in a clinical setting.
About Providence in Oregon
- Two (2) years experience in Nutrition Support.
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging
each visitor, introducing
ourselves and Providence, addressing
people by name, providing
the duration of estimated wait times and updating
frequently if timelines change, explaining
situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening
to their concerns, and always thanking
people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.